• The KillerFrogs

B12 teleconference: Patterson

Pharm Frog

“Quarterback-wise, right now really the top four guys, just keep developing them,” Patterson said. “Get them where they need to. You’re down to two and run the offense the way we need to do it. These guys know they’re getting a fair chance.

“I expect at some point in time it’ll be very obvious who the guy is who should take most of the snaps."

Has anyone ever heard the phrase “the top four guys” when referring to the QB position at any level of football? I can’t recall a situation where I’ve heard that.

lowfrog

Has anyone ever heard the phrase “the top four guys” when referring to the QB position at any level of football? I can’t recall a situation where I’ve heard that.
I know everyone on here thinks this QB approach is crazy, but I really believe it is what GP and Cumbie have decided to do with the QBs this season: Play them all each game if necessary. Whichever one looks the best in practice and prepares the best for that week, gets to start. However, at any point during the game, depending on how the game is going and how the opponent's defense is playing, GP/Cumbie will change out the QB if they believe it is the best thing to do at that point. A big factor in this decision is whether or not the QB playing is moving the offense down the field toward the end zone and putting TCU in position to score. Also,it completely bamboozles the defense before and during the game. They have no idea which QB to prepare for and can't possibly prepare or play against all four - five of them. With so many good QBs available, why not? If one or two get injured or tired, plug and play. So go ahead and be a football traditionalist and call playing multiple QBs in a game crazy. If it works, who cares?

SuperBarrFrog

I know everyone on here thinks this QB approach is crazy, but I really believe it is what GP and Cumbie have decided to do with the QBs this season: Play them all each game if necessary. Whichever one looks the best in practice and prepares the best for that week, gets to start. However, at any point during the game, depending on how the game is going and how the opponent's defense is playing, GP/Cumbie will change out the QB if they believe it is the best thing to do at that point. A big factor in this decision is whether or not the QB playing is moving the offense down the field toward the end zone and putting TCU in position to score. Also,it completely bamboozles the defense before and during the game. They have no idea which QB to prepare for and can't possibly prepare or play against all four - five of them. With so many good QBs available, why not? If one or two get injured or tired, plug and play. So go ahead and be a football traditionalist and call playing multiple QBs in a game crazy. If it works, who cares?
It completely bamboozles our receivers too.

Eight

they aren't playing 4 quarterbacks unless there are injury problems