• The KillerFrogs

B12 revenue sharing

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
AggieAngst, though generally a bite-in-the-arse who's primary aim is to piss people off, has laid out a plausible scenario, lacking in any supporting evidence though it may be. If the Big East does get the TV deal it seeks, it might (emphasis on MIGHT) tip the balance for Missouri, as well as the Kansas pair, to tell UT to go f themselves, regardless of what shiny new 1st tier deal the Big 12 might be able to procure 3 years down the line. Those 3 will realize, if they haven't already, that permanent 2nd class status awaits them in the Big 12 going forward. If they can accept that, then little will probably change. If not, then the Big East offers a viable escape route where at least the playing field will be level and success or failure is in their hands. I suspect it will ultimately be the former rather than the latter, but we've been blindsided by such things before in CFB.

njustus7

I don't think it's a wash, it think it comes out pretty big in favor of them joining the BE. It's very ironic to me that the BE might end up raiding the Big 1-2, I guess Baylor might get screwed after all...

Texas Otto

AggieAngst, though generally a bite-in-the-arse who's primary aim is to piss people off, has laid out a plausible scenario, lacking in any supporting evidence though it may be. If the Big East does get the TV deal it seeks, it might (emphasis on MIGHT) tip the balance for Missouri, as well as the Kansas pair, to tell UT to go f themselves, regardless of what shiny new 1st tier deal the Big 12 might be able to procure 3 years down the line. Those 3 will realize, if they haven't already, that permanent 2nd class status awaits them in the Big 12 going forward. If they can accept that, then little will probably change. If not, then the Big East offers a viable escape route where at least the playing field will be level and success or failure is in their hands. I suspect it will ultimately be the former rather than the latter, but we've been blindsided by such things before in CFB.

Escape hatch is a great way to put it opened by KU last summer with the BE and tailing right behind was Mizzou when they were rebuffed by the Big 10 +2. Now just because these two have opened the escape hatch does not mean that they will actually crawl through it that is where AA gets over the top speculation wise.
:ph34r:

SF Husky

I think Missouri would be wise to investigate what kind of media deal they can get with the BE if they and Kansas are part of the package. We might even take Kansas St along if Kansas has to include them. If the money is there and you are on equal footings with rest of the BE peers, it might be hard to resist. I doubt any school or fanbase want to be second class citizens in a conference with Longhorns. Texas can easily pull the rug under all of the B12 members if another better opportunities come along.

With the TV contract, BE would be much more stable. It can be a really good conference if BE add KU, KSU and Missori. If we don't need KSU, we can add Nova or Iowa St. This will give BE 3 new markets in addition to all the ones BE already own.

This setup is definitely worth exploring for all the schools involved. A lot will depend on the new TV contract.

angelo's frog

BE will add teams before the negotiating starts. So summer next year we will see about this rumor

I think you're right. You have to add the teams before you start real negotiations. In the meantime, you can hire a consultant who can put out feelers and perform studies to determine what schools add the most value for purposes of negotiations. Nova, Houston and UCF may not look like they add value to most people but there are people who know a lot more than us about that who will be looking at it. I still think it's important that Philly and Houston are huge Comcast markets and both have or will have Comcast owned or co-owned regional sports networks. I'd rather have BYU and AFA as football only and add Houston in all sports but Nova and UCF will be in the mix and my idea is most likely a pipedream.

As for the Mizzou, KU, K St scenario. I'd give that a slightly better than snowball's chance in hell of happening.

AggieAngst

You just showed yet another reason why Mizzou wants out of your league so badly.

You take all the Big 12 BCS Bowl bids, you take the lions share of the unequal Big 12 revenue, you make $5-$10 million dollars a year more than your Conf mates like KU and Mizzou, and then you have nothing but contempt and hatred for Mizzou.

And you are surprised Mizzou wants to flip you the bird and leave for the Big East just like Nebraska just did when they left for the B10?

What OU and UT fans just don't understand is that the violently objectionable conditions in the Big 12 that led to Nebraska not only leaving but saying "FU BIG 12" on their way out the door- HAVE NOT BEEN ADDRESSED AND HAVE NOT CHANGED!! That is what OU and UT fans just don't get.

In fact one could very easily argue that conditions even WORSENED for all the Big 12 North teams.

The incredibly amazing part of all this is that Sooners and Longhorns are actually surprised that yet more teams in their league are so eager to flip them the bird and leave the Conf if they get the chance. Talk about BLINDNESS , STUPIDITY and CLUELESSNESS !! Yikes!

I guess if Longhorns are getting all the money they want they are BLIND to the problems of others on purpose?

Talk about CLUELESS Sooners ! Wow !!

The Big East can have 'em, as far as I'm concerned.

SoonerBredCD

You just showed yet another reason why Mizzou wants out of your league so badly.

You take all the Big 12 BCS Bowl bids, you take the lions share of the unequal Big 12 revenue, you make $5-$10 million dollars a year more than your Conf mates like KU and Mizzou, and then you have nothing but contempt and hatred for Mizzou.

And you are surprised Mizzou wants to flip you the bird and leave for the Big East just like Nebraska just did when they left for the B10?

What OU and UT fans just don't understand is that the violently objectionable conditions in the Big 12 that led to Nebraska not only leaving but saying "FU BIG 12" on their way out the door- HAVE NOT BEEN ADDRESSED AND HAVE NOT CHANGED!! That is what OU and UT fans just don't get.

In fact one could very easily argue that conditions even WORSENED for all the Big 12 North teams.

The incredibly amazing part of all this is that Sooners and Longhorns are actually surprised that yet more teams in their league are so eager to flip them the bird and leave the Conf if they get the chance. Talk about BLINDNESS , STUPIDITY and CLUELESSNESS !! Yikes!

I guess if Longhorns are getting all the money they want they are BLIND to the problems of others on purpose?

Talk about CLUELESS Sooners ! Wow !!

You're an idiot. I want OU to go to the Pac 12... have since last year when that became a real option.

SoonerBredCD

[quote name='angelo's frog' timestamp='1306360134' post='840932']
Bitter about Baylor and A&M screwing that up for you?
[/quote]

You have no idea what you're talking about.

PurplePutt

No hard info here but.....not sure all the revenue projected for B-12 bottom feeders will materialize. Just a guess on my part. Not sure the networks can guarantee the kind of money that has been advertised. Still think the 7 dwarfs will feel like they have been screwed and will be unhappy--at least Mizzou, KU, and KSU?

2 cents.

jstrat

We have a winner!

This scenario would actually raise some interesting questions. Pac 12 goes to 16 teams. Forces the rest of the conferences to gain members. SEC adds some (possibly from ACC). ACC and Big 10 have to add some and would no doubt take members from the Big East. Would it actually be that great for the Big East in the long run?

froginaustin

This scenario would actually raise some interesting questions. Pac 12 goes to 16 teams. Forces the rest of the conferences to gain members. SEC adds some (possibly from ACC). ACC and Big 10 have to add some and would no doubt take members from the Big East. Would it actually be that great for the Big East in the long run?
I have never seen a plausible explanation of why other conferences would be forced to grow to 16 if the PAC (or whoever) does.

And I think that if A&M had ever had a for-real invitation to the SEC they would have accepted it. I think it more likely that any SEC "exploration" of possible A&M membership was about as sincere (and as tactically sneaky) as Hair Thompson's inquiring of Utah State's interest in MWC membership at the time of "The Program".

AggieAngst

Very few teams ever leave a conference with the intense HATRED that Nebraska is leaving the Big 12 with, and the HATRED Mizzou and Kansas would also have if and when they leave.

As noted earlier Kansas signed onto the current Big 12 revenue sharing deal while quietly FURIOUS and SEETHING inside. Mizzou is very very unhappy in the Big 12 and their fans would love to give the Big 12 a great big "FU" on their way out the door.

This is not typical. Most teams that leave a Conf do so very cordially. The Big12 incites inense HATRED amongst the lower tier North Div teams and they dream of the day they
Will be able to tell the Longhorns and the Big 12 to go screw themselves.

Other teams Who leave their coffor other conferences almost always are complimentary and grateful to thei r former conferences such as Utah, Tcu , Boise St, Fresno St, and Boston College.

Even though leaving a Conf behind is never pretty for the losing Conf and creates some acrimony most of those divorces are fairly amicable with the exception of BYU who tried to date two women at the same time and got caught red handed in bed with the WAC with their pants down around their ankles.

Never has there ever been the kind of intense guttural HATRED a team has for the Conf they are leaving that Nebraska and their fans have for the Big12.

And if you think Nebraska is the only team in the Big 12 with a passionate HATRED for the Big12 - then you simply refuse to admit it or have no clue what is going on.