• The KillerFrogs

Aundre Dean

Waccy Frog

An interesting storyline to a TCU/Wisc Rose Bowl would be the two deepest, most talented running corps in the country.

As for Tucker, I am a big fan. But I wonder if James and/or Dwight Smith had been ready to go at the beginning of last year (James was hurt, and Smith was not qualified), would Tucker have been switched to defense. He seems to fit the mold of converted GP's converted RBs.

TnTx13

Just forget about using a quarterback and run the Wild Frog every play, with a different running back taking the snap each time...

Deep Purple

Tucker has looked better as of late, but I agree.
Had the same thought. In the last few games, Tucker has performed like the inside power back he has always been touted to be.

Vs. UNLV: 7 carries for 28; 4.0 per
Vs. Utah: 9 carries for 36; 3.6 per
Vs. SDSU: 22 carries for 133 (including an 18-yarder); 6.0 per

JugbandFrog

It is the little things that make a running back good. Look at James today. He screws up and misses a block that gets Dalton hurt. It isn't always about running the football.

PhillyFrog

I think there's a fair chance that Wesley moves over to the slot next year. Seems like we'll be more run-oriented, and he's got the makings of a great run blocker & receiver out of that spot.

It would have been nice to have had this stable of horses last time we played in Austin. Would've made a difference.

Frogs1983

It is the little things that make a running back good. Look at James today. He screws up and misses a block that gets Dalton hurt. It isn't always about running the football.

Yep,I agree.See Cowboys vs. Giants,Rookie FB Gronkowski blowing his blocking assignment=Tony Romo out 8 weeks with broken collarbone.

ShivasFrog

That probably has a lot to do with why we've seen more Wesley/Tucker than James/Dean this year. And there have been a few blitz pick-ups by Wesley that resulted in TD passes from Dalton.

An-Cap Frog

I love to see a log jam at RB...it just makes these guys hungrier and when they get an opportunity to carry the ball they make the best of it because there are 5 other guys that are more than capable of getting the job done. Also, from a risk standpoint these guys get banged up all the time so you never know what three backs will receive playing time in a given week. Depth at this position is underrated and we are stocked like Walmart on Black Thursday...

Virginia Frog

been saying Dean is better than 29 since week 5, Dean has earned more carries and doesn't fumble like 29 has, hopefully he will be unleashed in BCS game
And remember, the Rose Bowl Stadium is the HOME COURT for U.C.L.A., It's Dean's former stomping ground. He's had some success on that field already in '08.

njustus7

That probably has a lot to do with why we've seen more Wesley/Tucker than James/Dean this year. And there have been a few blitz pick-ups by Wesley that resulted in TD passes from Dalton.
I didn't think about that, James to me is the best runner, reminds me of LT in that you just can't hit him hard enough or low enough to get him down. But he has to work on blocking and catching passes. Once he get's that though, I think he'll be a beast, and our next RB taken in the first round...

njustus7

I just rewatched that play, the right tackle completely missed his block and it was an inside handoff fake to James, I don't think there's anyway he could have made that block.

Wog68

You could get more running backs into the mix if you start running the old pro-set. QB under center, two running backs, a flanker, a wide end, and a tight end. Since there is nothing new in football, this could work for a season or two.

ACroofrog

I just rewatched that play, the right tackle completely missed his block and it was an inside handoff fake to James, I don't think there's anyway he could have made that block.

You are correct I just re-watched the play as well and James was carrying out a fake when he saw the end beat Roth, James stopped his fake to try to get to the end but there was no time for him to get there which made it look like James missed the block but that was on Roth after reviewing the film.