• The KillerFrogs

ATTN: All Those Now Bailing Out On TCU Football

NewFrogFan

Didn't propose a bet. Just suggested despite your current outrage you will and others like you will ultimately follow TCU football.

You have already compromised yourself supporting the team with Kaz on the staff. Your complicit. You support people that enabled rapists.
This right here. You “jumpers” go ahead and jump.

Eight

Players on campuses has always been that way. It is how you deal with them if they don't mature.

Drug sting players all kicked out by TCU
Casey forced into rehab and not playing until better. ended up hurting his career to get the help.
Fields kicked out and not brought back even after charges dropped
Boykin missed the biggest game of his career, and TCU played with a backup with little experience.

On the other hand
Baylor had a player given a degree and admitted to graduate school while in trial, and only removed after convicted.
Another player was allowed to stay in class with a female soccer player victim (against proper protocol to remove) until she left Baylor.

first, where did i defend what happened at baylor?

using their circumstances as a contrast to those i pointed out that took place at tcu is using a more aggregious sin committed by others to diminish your own sins

curious, what happened between those players when they first got on campus and when those defining events took place? do we truly believe that fields had the event where he was robbed of tennis shoes and x-box, was pistol whipped, and in the process 4-5 shots got discharged at 5 in the morning and the only other event was what took place outside the window where white was w the ex? that boykin's on event was at the bar in sa or casey's was the dui?

things are going to happen when you run a program with ~110 17-23 year olds interacting with 8-10,000 other kids of that age, many w an abundance of time and resources

no issue there, but there are things that have been buried and players just left the roster, some of which were brought to the program w big red flags that had other schools walk away, some transfers w interesting back stories , and a couple of blips from the hc that might have cost someone with a losing or .500 record, but somehow.....winning bought some leeway

Dogfrog

I've been against it since day 1. Was against it since news broke years ago. I'll keep my dignity and officially tune out of this program until further notice.

I don't owe you a damn thing, but I hope you find and eat some cat [ Finebaum ] while you're sticking your head in this litterbox of sand.
How dignified.

JDCapn1990

Please double down on your intentions to quit the program and then post your football seat locations so we can all see what upgrade options are coming open this next go round. EXCITING TIMES FOR MANY!!!
What I find most interesting, is the "hate" is based on public opinion, not reality. People may have forgotten, that after a 5 year investigation, Art was cleared of all violations alleged against him. In that investigation, they found the Coaches turned over ALL information per the procedure at the time (at Baylor) and the University failed to follow up properly. That institutional fail cost the university president his job. Kendall, while may have allegedly said something stupid to a recruit, was not implicated in any of it. In fact, he may not have been aware of it other than it was turned over to the university authorities to handle. There are a lot of things that could have been handled better, but anyone other than those involved in the process or investigation claiming absolute knowledge to form such a strong opinion about this hire don't really know the facts.

Mean Purple

What I find most interesting, is the "hate" is based on public opinion, not reality. People may have forgotten, that after a 5 year investigation, Art was cleared of all violations alleged against him. In that investigation, they found the Coaches turned over ALL information per the procedure at the time (at Baylor) and the University failed to follow up properly. That institutional fail cost the university president his job. Kendall, while may have allegedly said something stupid to a recruit, was not implicated in any of it. In fact, he may not have been aware of it other than it was turned over to the university authorities to handle. There are a lot of things that could have been handled better, but anyone other than those involved in the process or investigation claiming absolute knowledge to form such a strong opinion about this hire don't really know the facts.
Some rewriting of history there, but ok ...

Also, Art was cleared in an NCAA investigation. The NCAA only addresses NCAA rules vioations. Not legal matters such as covering up gang rapes.

JDCapn1990

Some rewriting of history there, but ok ...

Also, Art was cleared in an NCAA investigation. The NCAA only addresses NCAA rules vioations. Not legal matters such as covering up gang rapes.
Not rewriting anything, it is all out there. Maybe the court of public opinion found him guilty, but when was he found guilty by an actual court? Everything I have researched does not demonstrate there was a cover up, but please let me know where to find the actual legal case where he was convicted and I will gladly look it up. My point was not a case for Art, it was the vitriol towards Kendall I just don't understand. People are jumping to guilt by association, which is a slippery slope. People make mistakes all the time, but to assign them fault for others actions is lazy and naïve. That's all I was saying. What about redemption? People can change and grow. But, you know, it is like the old saying goes, "The Christian army is the only army in the world that kills its wounded". I just hope folks have more compassion and forgiveness in them than hate.

Mean Purple

Seems like quite a few beardorks, uh, briles fans signing up to claim Art was pure.

remember, no means no. and baylor is the 13th grade. enjoy.

Don Sanders

It’s amazing what can happen in 19 days on Jan 1 we were at an all-time high…just beat Michigan, playing for a Natty, applications at record levels and with one ridiculously stupid hire, we are pissing it all away!

The only thing more disgusting then this awful hire has been the comments and reaction of my fellow Frogs! Winning is a very potent drug, it’s obvious some people on here can’t handle it!

We don’t have all the facts of what exactly happened down in Waco, SucksToBU has been busy writing checks and signing NDAs to cover it all up so we may never hear from the victims and learn how much ol’ Art and KB were involved in the cover up. What we do know is that there were 19 alleged sexual assaults including 4 gang rapes during the Briles’ stewardship of the football program. I for one do not want my beloved university associated with that school or the Briles name in any way shape or form! Those who believe like I do have let our voices be heard to the athletic director and head football coach and they are choosing to ignore us. I will not speak for anybody else but I can not in good conscience cheer and support a squad with a Briles on the staff. Every Frog supporter will have to make their own decision. It’s extremely sad that Sonny and Jeremiah have put all of us in this situation for a mediocre OC with zero skins on the wall.
Read
My view is quite similar: The current leadership at TCU has decided that they don't care what fans think, and will greenlight the hire of an individual with a grotesque incident in his familial and professional past. Evidently, it is just fine to hire this person because, by gum, the Head Coach and his Dad are buddies, and like a good pal the Head Coach brought on the Son as a rehabilitation project. ADJD and VBo were apparently all hunky-dory with this, and what was Somebody Else's Problem is now ours.

Gosh! When is the Press Conference? You'd think, with a hire of this magnitude, a by-Ghod SEC Coach and all, we'd be having a ticker-tape parade! Oddly, I haven't seen one as yet. Maybe next week...

Anyway, current leadership has tossed TCU's integrity over the side with this hire. "Don't need that anymore, just gets in the way. We're out for some wins!" They couldn't care less about Fan reaction. And, why should they? They're fine with some people waving off. "Screw 'em! There's plenty more out there!" Seems like most of this here community is fully on board with hiring this person, tossing his history down the Memory Hole and rationalizing the whole thing away, while ranking on those who are still afflicted with a conscience and are rightly appalled. So be it.

How long till Warden Art is hanging around the program? A week? Two? Won't it be nice having such a Sage of Texas Football hanging around, talking with the kids, giving the Coaches tips and pointers from his years of experience...
Since you are not happy with the hire, show your resolve and forget about TCU and posting on this page.