• The KillerFrogs

Attendance

P

purplePPO

This is not intended to start a internal war among us TCU fans, BUT, I overheard a couple of Mountaineer fans as I was exiting and walking to my car after the game yesterday. They were very complimentary of the game, TCU, the campus, and the stadium. The one overriding question they kept talking among themselves was why was the stadium not full?How could that not happen giving it was such a big game?
What will it take for us to finally get a full house amongst football fans here in Fort Worth and in the Metroplex?

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
It wasn't full because they returned their full allotment. TCU fans are almost never gonna fill those seats. Attendance was fine.

^^^ This. Coupled with the fact that in Fort Worth there are other entertainment options, unlike Western Virginia.

HeidelFrog

It wasn't full because they returned their full allotment. TCU fans are almost never gonna fill those seats. Attendance was fine.
Exactly! WVU is a state school with 40,000 students. This was a big game for them. They barely showed. Be concerned with your [ Finebaum ]ty fans WVU...

Horny4TCU

This is not intended to start a internal war among us TCU fans, BUT, I overheard a couple of Mountaineer fans as I was exiting and walking to my car after the game yesterday. They were very complimentary of the game, TCU, the campus, and the stadium. The one overriding question they kept talking among themselves was why was the stadium not full?How could that not happen giving it was such a big game?
What will it take for us to finally get a full house amongst football fans here in Fort Worth and in the Metroplex?
I'd like to think 1 national title, but in reality the games after the title run would be sold out until we lost... so I'm going to say 2 consecutive national titles.

Westsider

Factor in the mortality rate with an annual limit of 7,000 undergraduates and you have your answer. (And a lot of those are Asians and such).

Factor in the mortality rate with an annual limit of 7,000 undergraduates and you have your answer. (And a lot of those are Asians and such).

Plus, we're still relatively new to this winning thing. There's some generations that only know winning and there's several who were lucky to see 10 wins in 4 years. On one hand you have an entitled fanbase and in the other you have an apathetic fanbase. Only time will fix this.

Nick Danger

You should have said Western Virginia just doesn't have the appeal they think they have...
I think you hit on something there. While there are other, well documented, issues at play here that leads to the perception of an TCU attendance problem (smallish liberal arts college, predominantly female student body from outside the football hotbed of Texas, smarter-than-the-average-bear student body that isn't particularly into sports, the heat, etc), the attractiveness of the opponent is a major player in all this and attractiveness can't just be measured by poll rankings.

What if we were playing San Diego State yesterday instead of West Virginia? San Diego State is ranked higher than West Virginia but does anyone believe for a second that more fans would have come to see them? The answer is no because there really isn't that much interest for a TCU fan to see either West Virginia or San Diego State! When the opponent is someone that TCU fans "care about", for whatever reason, the crowds do show up (see the old TCU/Utah and TCU/ BYU MWC matchups).

Moose Stuff

baylorfans already had this thread going (about our attendance, on college gameday nonetheless). no need to stoop to their level.

attendance was fine, and so was tailgating, and most importantly, the win!

Baylor is a slightly glorified SMU. I give exactly zero scheisss what they think. Literally irrelevant.