• The KillerFrogs

ATT U-Verse

Dogfrog

Just a heads up - Lost our U-Verse TV signal last night, but still have internet. Called this morning, on hold two hours, and was told the UVerse outage is nationwide, not local. The guy gave me a 3 day discount and suggested calling for more if it were to last that long.

fanatical frog

Just a heads up - Lost our U-Verse TV signal last night, but still have internet. Called this morning, on hold two hours, and was told the UVerse outage is nationwide, not local. The guy gave me a 3 day discount and suggested calling for more if it were to last that long.

We just cancelled U-Verse 400 last month but kept internet. The TV portion of the bill was just over $200/month. Went to Hulu for about $80/mo.

Dogfrog

We just cancelled U-Verse 400 last month but kept internet. The TV portion of the bill was just over $200/month. Went to Hulu for about $80/mo.
Yea Im considering that too. Between phones, iternet, and TV it's embarrassing what we pay. I expect an increase for internet when I drop UVerse. I've got fiber to the house but still needs tweaking.

fanatical frog

Yea Im considering that too. Between phones, iternet, and TV it's embarrassing what we pay. I expect an increase for internet when I drop UVerse. I've got fiber to the house but still needs tweaking.

I just paid my first month for internet w/o tv....$27.35....I figured it'd be around 45-$50.

HToady

Moved to YouTube Internet driven TV, but kept ATT Internet but had to boost it. $78 for TV and $85 for Internet. Never have a problem on the TV that sits right below my router, but I have an old house with plaster walls and sometimes the internet is weak is some rooms. No internet, no TV.

Spike

Switched my internet from Spectrum to T-mobile. They kept advertising it was $50 a month. Real bill is closer to $80. Saving about $5 a month over Spectrum but so faster a faster internet.

Killed my Hulu since I won't watch live TV until September. Will watch Baseball Frogs on ESPN+ for like $9 a month.

Dogfrog

Did the same in December. Upped internet to gigabit and haven't looked back.
I have the ATT 1000 internet too at I think $80? ATT wants $150 / mo for 2000 and $250 / mo for 5000. My plan is to stay at 1000 but get coverage maximized for my house and garage, then find a suitable streaming service and finally drop ATT TV.

froginaustin

We have been on googlefiber since August of 2017. I may be suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

Their technology is excellent, but very few of their techs (including service techs that show up in person) know how their technology works. They are very skilled at blaming my equipment, barking dogs, solar eclipses, etc., for problems ultimately solved by fixing or adjusting their hardware, including hardware on Gfiber's side of the "fiberjack" that connects my router to their system.

We had an elderly router fail a month or so ago. Three tries were needed before visiting techs could figure out that the gadgets that attach to television sets ("dongles", in their informal jargon) have to be reset before they would work with the new router.

But when we get lucky and everything works, we get really fast internet on "Gfiber" (as they now want to be known). I have the least expensive speed, 1GB, and it's plenty fast.

Double D

Tier 1
Dumped DirecTV in 2017 after being a subscriber since 1996. ATT royally screwed up and ran DirecTV into the ground.

Dumped ATT Uverse internet last April 1 as ATT will not install FIBER in my subdivision even though all surrounding subdivisions have FIBER.

Went to Verizon 5G Home internet (300mbps) for $25/month after having ATT Uverse internet 25 mbps for $80/month. What a ripoff!!

I have had YouTubeTV since 2018. Works great! Unlimited DVR.

I also have GIANT TV antenna in attic for over 100 FREE Channels OTA from Cedar Hill antenna farm.

ATT SUCKS!