• The KillerFrogs

At this time, I'd like to thank OU Pres David Boren.....

jack the frog

If WV, Pitt and Louisville leve for the big 12 the big east is done. I really feel like ut will do anything to keep TCU down.

Maybe wishful thinking on my part but Texas, OU, State and Tech to the Pac seems more likely than 3 solid programs stumbling into the UT flytrap.

Big Frog II

If WV, Pitt and Louisville leve for the big 12 the big east is done. I really feel like ut will do anything to keep TCU down.
Free tickets on the Titanic would be a better deal.

What makes me laugh is some of the Big 12 leftovers threatening to sue if the conference falls apart, but they wouldn't think twice in trying to screw another conference.

I really don't think UT is thinking about screwing us, but saving their own hide right now.

Coach Pattersons Dog

ESPN crawl says UT, OU, O A&M, and TT to PAC12. If true BIG XII won't survive no matter who they offer. Baylor and I State will be moving down or begging for their lives if other conferences scoop up K, K State and Missou.

texasrobster1997

ESPN crawl says UT, OU, O A&M, and TT to PAC12. If true BIG XII won't survive no matter who they offer. Baylor and I State will be moving down or begging for their lives if other conferences scoop up K, K State and Missou.
Okie state, you mean, not A&M. Just pray that TCU is in the mix for the next realignment. If Baylor or whoever gets in too...who cares as long as we have a seat at the table.

Scarface

Larry Scott wants Kansas, not tech. tech brings absolutely nothing to the PAC 12 and Scott probably couldn't get the votes he would need if Red Raiders are included.

I doubt the PAC 12 has ever even communicated directly with tech on any of this. tech tarnishes the whole deal.

Big East would love to have Iowa State, just not baylor or tech.

Go Frogs!

InterestedObserver

Larry Scott wants Kansas, not tech. tech brings absolutely nothing to the PAC 12 and Scott probably couldn't get the votes he would need if Red Raiders are included.

I doubt the PAC 12 has ever even communicated directly with tech on any of this. tech tarnishes the whole deal.

Big East would love to have Iowa State, just not baylor or tech.

Go Frogs!

You're truly making a name for yourself here. Keep it up as I find it mildly entertaining.

Are you the new AggieAngst?

Scarface

Yeah, but if UT wants tech (maybe with some political pressure) to go to the PAC 12 with them, it may happen IMO. Kansas doesn't have that kind of ally.

This is all David Boren. OU brings OSU and UT brings tech, its all politics.

Does Deloss Dodds really want tech in PAC 16? Once tech is in PAC 16 the Red Raiders will be equals and no longer have to blow Bevo any more.

Each team will be voted on independently. Can tech get the votes? Most people doubt it. Kansas is AAU, tech is tier 2. Last year it was Utah that slipped in, this time it's looking like KU.

Go Frogs!

jack the frog

Go Frogs!

Does Deloss Dodds really want tech in PAC 16?

Go Frogs!

Kinda answers the question imo. Tech will not exactly be a key negotiating figure in this thing. They will go if Texas and the PAC will have them. They know it along with everyone else. No reason for pretense by or serious negotiation with Tech. Dodd will send them a telegram entitiled 'Your New Schedule.'
In terms of a powerhouse money deal involving OU and Texas I am not sure that the difference between tech and kansas would be a deal killer but I could be wrong.

windfarm

I think Oregon stanford and USC are all jonesing for yearly trips to lubbock.

I think UT may have to take tech to avoid too much opposition from tx legislature, although lege has really stayed out of this round so far

Boomhauer

It all comes down to who UT wants. If UT wants Tech, the Pac-12 will oblige. If UT wants KU, then Tech is out. My guess is they bring Tech along.

OmniscienceFrog

This is all David Boren. OU brings OSU and UT brings tech, its all politics.

Does Deloss Dodds really want tech in PAC 16? Once tech is in PAC 16 the Red Raiders will be equals and no longer have to blow Bevo any more.

Each team will be voted on independently. Can tech get the votes? Most people doubt it. Kansas is AAU, tech is tier 2. Last year it was Utah that slipped in, this time it's looking like KU.

Go Frogs!

Could be Texas' first power play in the PAC XX. Politics could mean Texas tells them "you may rather have Kansas, but if you want us you take Tech instead", just as they told the Big 8 16 years ago. And If they can get all the Longhorn Network mess arranged I'm guessing the PAC XX says "Welcome Texas Tech. Sorry Kansas".

The Tech problem lives on.