• The KillerFrogs

Art Briles…

Zubaz

Meh, the courts can say whatever they want. Anyone that was paying attention knows Briles was a slimeball that covered up sexual assault.

The idea that Briles was unfairly "cancelled" and is now "vindicated" tells you all you need to know about what of a person Clay Travis is.

RufeBruton

So, I was planning on going fishing on the Meramec River in the Ozarks back in 2019 when some guy in a Baylor cap floated past me in a rental kayak. Now, it is logical to assume that this BU-hatted guy peed in the river upstream from me and that his radioactive pee has now contaminated all the catfish in the river. Mind you, I wasn’t fishing for catfish, but the point is if I were a coed attending Baylor (and I am not a coed or a catfish) I would have certainly been worried that some radioactive linebacker might want to contaminate my body. So the bottom line was no bass fishing for me that day after that Baylorfans Art Briles devotee ruined the beauty of that Ozark stream with that ridiculous green hat.

Paradoxotaur

So, I was planning on going fishing on the Meramec River in the Ozarks back in 2019 when some guy in a Baylor cap floated past me in a rental kayak. Now, it is logical to assume that this BU-hatted guy peed in the river upstream from me and that his radioactive pee has now contaminated all the catfish in the river. Mind you, I wasn’t fishing for catfish, but the point is if I were a coed attending Baylor (and I am not a coed or a catfish) I would have certainly been worried that some radioactive linebacker might want to contaminate my body. So the bottom line was no bass fishing for me that day after that Baylorfans Art Briles devotee ruined the beauty of that Ozark stream with that ridiculous green hat.
Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Chongo94

Meh, the courts can say whatever they want. Anyone that was paying attention knows Briles was a slimeball that covered up sexual assault.

The idea that Briles was unfairly "cancelled" and is now "vindicated" tells you all you need to know about what of a person Clay Travis is.
I’m kinda meh on all this now but I do agree with the Clay Travis sentiment. He’s worthless.

Wexahu

On some things you're very much a "that's what the courts determined, case closed" kind of guy (2020 election shenanigans, Jan 6, etc) but on this topic you're like, the courts....whatever.

Kinda odd.

Zubaz

On some things you're very much a "that's what the courts determined, case closed" kind of guy (2020 election shenanigans, Jan 6, etc) but on this topic you're like, the courts....whatever.

Kinda odd.
I don't think you can point to me saying "Well I think it's different, but hey that's what the courts said so case closed"? I think the stuff you're referring to has ample evidence including multiple court decisions, but it was far from the only reason I've come to certain conclusions.

And on this topic, there's little doubt in the mind of anyone that has paid attention just how dirty Brile's hands are with this stuff. The fact that they couldn't get him on gross negligence a decade later is disappointing, but it doesn't really change anything. It certainly doesn't "vindicate" him.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Clay Travis drank the Briles Kool-Aid last year. As to the Court, so what. Baylor let many millions go before they'd break privilege on the Pepper-Hamilton report, and neither Waco nor McLennan County bothered to do a decent investigation, so there is little confirmed, legally obtained evidence to go on. Thus the decision isn't terribly surprising.

But, you go on drinking that Kool-Aid. #CAB

Dusty

Actually the BOR members that made the accusations had to testify under oath. They were asked if Briles covered up sexual assaults or anything similar. All said, under oath, no. When the AD testified he stated that the head of the BOR came to him and said they were going to role it up and hang it around Briles neck and drop it there. The AD resigned over it and is now at Liberty University. The reason Briles was fired was to save face for Baylor's actions. He was told he was not the right person to lead the program any longer. Why do you think Baylor paid him $18m to have him leave. But to push the football narrative the BOR hired the marketing firm that smeared Coach Briles and built the scenario. The only problem is it still came back on Baylor. Personally I hope Briles sues them all now that they have stated under oath he did none of the things he was accused of.

Last edited: