• The KillerFrogs

AP POLL

Wexahu

Why? We beat the No. 3 team.
Because of the way we got beat.

No big deal, but I guess if I were personally ranking teams I wouldn't just blindly pick Team A over Team B if Team A had beaten them. Never been a huge "HTH being the only deciding factor" proponent, it's why I was perfectly fine with TCU being ahead of Baylor in the 2014 rankings all season long (until they flipped it the last weekend).

PurpleBlood87

Because of the way we got beat.

No big deal, but I guess if I were personally ranking teams I wouldn't just blindly pick Team A over Team B if Team A had beaten them. Never been a huge "HTH being the only deciding factor" proponent, it's why I was perfectly fine with TCU being ahead of Baylor in the 2014 rankings all season long (until they flipped it the last weekend).
The loser of the title game is going to be No. 2.

Limey Frog

We achieved the second best overall season, didn't we? I think estimating who is "best" based on projections of what might happen is for the pre-season polls. In January you can just rank what actually happened.

What would happen if we played Ohio State? Who cares? We went 13-2. I had hoped in August that if the ball bounced our way we might manage 9-3, maybe 10 wins with a favorable bowl opponent. Here we are instead. Pretty neat.

Honestly can't believe we stayed at #2 after last night.

I'm fairly certain we aren't the 2nd best team in the country.
I will guess because it is difficult to put Ohio State at #2, ahead of Michigan, when Michigan beat them at Ohio State and won the Big Ten. And TCU just beat Michigan so that is the order - TCU, Michigan, Ohio State.

Last edited:

Zubaz

I will guess because it is difficult to put Ohio State at #2 when Michigan beat them at Ohio State and won the Big Ten. And TCU just beat Michigan.
That was my thought last night as to why we might stay up there at #2. After #1 it gets pretty complicated. TCU got demolished and now has two losses but beat 1-loss Michigan... who beat 2-loss Ohio State, and after that you have teams that weren't in the playoffs but won their NY6 bowls (Penn State, Tennessee, and Alabama, most notably). It probably makes the most sense to just do CFP Winner, CFP Loser, and then H2H for the 2 losing semi-finalists that played each other earlier in the season.