• The KillerFrogs

AP: M'Baye helps Wyoming end skid, beat TCU 77-67

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
AP: M'Baye helps Wyoming end skid, beat TCU 77-67

The Associated Press

LARAMIE, Wyo. — Amath M'Baye scored a career-high 21 points and stymied a potential TCU comeback with a flying blocked shot down the stretch to lead Wyoming to a 77-67 victory Saturday, giving Fred Langley his first Division I head coaching win and snapping the Cowboys' eight-game losing streak.

"I was really excited for the guys, but I was really excited for the fans too," said Langley, who improved to 1-1 after taking over for Heath Schroyer, who was fired Monday. "We didn't even talk about winning the last week or so. We just talked about executing, playing hard, representing the university and representing yourselves and your families well, and I thought we did that."

Desmar Jackson had his first career double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds for Wyoming (9-16, 2-9 Mountain West). Francisco Cruz added 12 points.

"We're just trying to keep the right mind-set," Jackson said. "It's tough for us right now. Coach Schroyer was a good coach for us, and we all loved him. It's a big change, but we have to be men about the situation." ...