• The KillerFrogs

AP: Big 12 schools intend to open in fall, giving football hope

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Big 12 schools intend to open in fall, giving football hope

By CLIFF BRUNT and STEPHEN HAWKINS
AP Sports Writers

All 10 schools in the Big 12 Conference expect their campuses to be open in the fall, a key step toward launching fall sports.

The coronavirus pandemic has shuttered sports at all levels, and conference commissioners have stressed to Vice President Mike Pence college athletics cannot resume until campuses reopen. The Big 12's schools have all announced their intentions in recent weeks to have students on campus this fall.

If they follow through, the possibility exists that football can start as originally scheduled. The season is slated to begin Aug. 29, though Big 12 schools don't begin play until the following week.

Read more at https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/...to-open-in-fall-giving-football-hope/2364926/

The Bad Guy

Sure hope so. I imagine the front leader conferences to actually play football this season would be the Big 12 and SEC. I think the PAC is totally screwed with their leaders out that way.

Big Frog II

Sure hope so. I imagine the front leader conferences to actually play football this season would be the Big 12 and SEC. I think the PAC is totally screwed with their leaders out that way.
I have my doubts about the Cal game being played. If it does, it will most likely be here, and I was looking forward to a trip to SF.

Eight

I have my doubts about the Cal game being played. If it does, it will most likely be here, and I was looking forward to a trip to SF.

family friends have a son that plays for cal and i have asked him about the season and he basically has said he has no idea, he is working out and preparing for the season, but they have gotten no real guidance on when they might be coming back to campus or the season

froglash88

Ohio State will occupy one of the 4 playoff spots even if their season is cancelled. Everyone is playing for the other 3 spots. Which really means there is only one spot left because the committee already voted 2 SEC teams in.