• The KillerFrogs

Anyone know how the NW Corner of the Stadium

IamFroglash88

Looks like it is getting closer to the start of the above ground-level 'platform'. Is that the area where the escalators are going to be? Anyone know anything about that area?

InterestedObserver

I've seen the renderings, but I'm not savvy enough about construction to really know how the progress is coming. I will say that I drive by there several times per week and can tell a difference every time I drive by. A friend who lives right behind the stadium tells me that the workers are there at 7am and work every possibly hour through the day (there are some restrictions on how many hours per day they can work, though I don't know the details).

One thing that surprises me is how far to the west the stadium goes. The back side of the stadium is all the way down the hill into the parking lot (lot 2?). Definitely a dramatically larger footprint than the old stadium.

halfwaytoheaven

I wish they would move one of the webcams over so we could get a better look at that NW corner. It's not like there's really a whole lot going on in the North end zone right now.

TCUdirtbag

The next couple weeks will see lots of noticeable changes (unless of course construction gets rained out--and with Possum Kingdom and West Texas going up in flames, I'd sacrifice a few days' work for a few inches of rain). Get ready to start seeing steel and concrete stands going up on the west side!

IamFroglash88

The next couple weeks will see lots of noticeable changes (unless of course construction gets rained out--and with Possum Kingdom and West Texas going up in flames, I'd sacrifice a few days' work for a few inches of rain). Get ready to start seeing steel and concrete stands going up on the west side!
Do you think they will work from the bottom first or hang the the second level first? Its a little blurry on the webcam, but it looks like there is a bunch of steel ready and waiting in the SW Corner.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
What I want to know is the NE corner going to stay open the way it looks? There are no structures I've seen that would allow for the extension of the end zone to the NE side of the stadium. Is that perhaps something that will be done in the remodel in the east side?

halfwaytoheaven

What I want to know is the NE corner going to stay open the way it looks? There are no structures I've seen that would allow for the extension of the end zone to the NE side of the stadium. Is that perhaps something that will be done in the remodel in the east side?

Apparently. What I read on here a few weeks back, and I forgot who said it, was that it had to do with ADA compliance. If we connect the new stadium with the old, then the old has to be brought up to current compliance. As long as it remains separate, it can still be "grandfathered" in. Or something.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Apparently. What I read on here a few weeks back, and I forgot who said it, was that it had to do with ADA compliance. If we connect the new stadium with the old, then the old has to be brought up to current compliance. As long as it remains separate, it can still be "grandfathered" in. Or something.
Ahhh, OK.

Frogenstein

This is correct.