• The KillerFrogs

Anyone ever notice

smredd

I usually don't look at other forums or blogs that are related to other teams, especially ones involving SMU, but for the past few days I have been reading a lot of their stuff and it is clear to me... they have a huge hard-on for us. It's one thing to talk crap after the game, but to constantly say the same junk over and over and over again, just seems to scream WE WANT YOUR BODY TCU. Also, not sure why they think they deserve a BCS conference bid when Air Force, ECU, Navy and even UCF have better track records than them.

Can we get a restraining order on those idiots?

smredd

You mean...the way a significant number of KFc'ers are usually talking about Baylor?

You may be on to something there, but it is not even close. Granted there are a few posters here who love to constantly talk about Baylor, but based on what I have seen and looked at, ponyfans is much worse.

pcf

I usually don't look at other forums or blogs that are related to other teams, especially ones involving SMU, but for the past few days I have been reading a lot of their stuff and it is clear to me... they have a huge hard-on for us. It's one thing to talk crap after the game, but to constantly say the same junk over and over and over again, just seems to scream WE WANT YOUR BODY TCU. Also, not sure why they think they deserve a BCS conference bid when Air Force, ECU, Navy and even UCF have better track records than them.

Uhh, you're going over there to read this and you want a restraining order on them? :rolleyes:

FROGDADDY

I read their site from time to time, usually around the times we play them. It's the most ignorant fan base I've encountered. Not in terms of intelligence but in terms of general sports awareness.

stell91

It's funny to me how much they bag on our "inferior academic credentials." It's not even smack talk. A significant number of their posters truly think that we are Tarleton State to their Harvard.

FROGDADDY

It's funny to me how much they bag on our "inferior academic credentials." It's not even smack talk. A significant number of their posters truly think that we are Tarleton State to their Harvard.

They're also very fond of the "our campus is so much nicer than TCU's" argument. What else do they have?

Frog DJ

Other than an occasional upset here and there - what else have they got?

The disparity is not as great as their administration would lead them to believe, but if you repeat a lie often enough people will believe it's true.

Go Frogs! Do It Now!

froginaustin

Posters on that forum have distinctive academic smack, plus architecture smack, that's repeated so often I think it's nothing more than insiders' jokes.

TCU has an ugly campus, they say. In particular, they're offended by the color of TCU brick. And Fort Worth smells like cow crap (60 years ago that was probably true). Sounds like the stuff some posters on this board type about Texas Tech. :laugh:

stell91

They're also very fond of the "our campus is so much nicer than TCU's" argument. What else do they have?

I've been to their campus multiple times. I went there several times when I was younger and I didn't care a thing about TCU or SMU and I still was not impressed with SMU's campus. It doesn't have any character or personality. Its like the architect visited all the Ivy League schools and just picked out individual elements and said "we will have one of that, two of those, and ooh this steeple is nice." It's a pretty campus to be sure, but it's certainly not unique.

Double D

Tier 1
View attachment 1626

Platypoke

Orangepower.com/Lanthieves.com have a mutual dislike of each other. Almost every rivals site will do that sort of thing. I see no difference with you guys and your rivalries.

HickoryFlameFrog

SMU, BU and TT boards seem to have a lot of talk about TCU.
Old SWC rivals with a long history.
They do seem obsessed with the same old stuff that other
posters have pointed out.
One annoying topic is GP. They say some very unflattering
things about his physical appearance, sideline demeanor, and
his occasional post game comment.

SMU is an Ivy League wanna be. They ever have Harvard's colors.
BU owes much of its existence to the Baptists in Texas.
TT is the unruly step-child of the UT system.

Consider the source of what you read on their boards.
Take it for what it is, comedic relief.

TCUSA

They DO want to be us. Exactly like us. And if money and determination are the main ingredients for what we did, they will be. I happen to believe that finding GP was the ONLY thing that will set us apart from every other program wanting to emulate our success.

Mike Brooks

I see Ponyfans as a Baylorfans starter kit. If BU is Dr Evil, Ponyfans is Mini Me. Both seem to have a bigger obcession with TCU than we have with Baylor IMO. We seem to only have a few posters that constantly bring up Baylor. Those sites have tons wading in on us.

Benny

The other thing that Smu followers bag on is Fort Worth as a city which I do not get. I assume those idiots have never been over to Fort Worth with the exception of the Stockyards. I cannot even walk half a block in downtown Dallas without being harrassed for money, etc. I would rather hang out in Downtown Fort Worth and 7th street before even considering Dallas.