• The KillerFrogs

Any one know what gives at NMSU? Jerry Kill leaving?

y2kFrog

I hope his health is OK.

Surely that NMSU player accused of peeing on the UNM logo on the field wouldn’t be a coach-firing deal.

Pretty sure a coach can only deal with the lack of support so long. The New Mexico Bowl rant was him blowing off steam about how bad it actually was behind the scenes.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Sounds like it took a toll on him physically.

“This year has been tremendously difficult for me, and I gave it everything I had physically, mentally and emotionally," Jerry Kill said in a statement released Saturday. "New Mexico State holds a special place in my heart as it marks the end of my journey as a head coach. While I'll remain involved with the Aggies, I recognize the need for a head coach with a lot of energy."

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Tony Sanchez officially introduced as 36th head football coach at New Mexico State

www.yahoo.com.ico
Yahoo|6 days ago
Prior to his stint as an assistant with the Aggies, Sanchez coached alongside Kill at TCU in Fort Worth, Texas, where he was an offensive analyst for the Horned Frogs where he helped them pick up a victory over No. 12 Baylor during the 2021 season.

Cougar/Frog

Tony Sanchez officially introduced as 36th head football coach at New Mexico State

www.yahoo.com.ico
Yahoo|6 days ago
Prior to his stint as an assistant with the Aggies, Sanchez coached alongside Kill at TCU in Fort Worth, Texas, where he was an offensive analyst for the Horned Frogs where he helped them pick up a victory over No. 12 Baylor during the 2021 season.
Good choice for both. Sanchez is a NMSU grad and may even be from the area. He was hugely successful as a high school.
Taking the UNLV HC job when it was a complete disaster of a program was really a mountain too high to climb.
There was no way he could have down what Odom has done. Sanchez got donors to care about the team and build the practice facility. It is pretty fancy and provides a luxury. He laid the foundation.