• The KillerFrogs

Anxious to hear

Toad Jones

Cryto or somebody, inform your impression on the big, BIG lineman recruited last year who weight well over300# AND how is the youngster whose father is an actor on Yellowstone. Hope do well and play on Saturday! Oh and one more, Roger Staubach's grandson

Toad Jones

Can you keep an ear and eye for some news of these four? BTW, sure do enjoy his work on Yellowstone.. Admire how he plays of the head rangler. Don't think I'd want to get on his back side! Would love to have 30 minutes of conversation with the man, but then I'd want four hours more. And I'm sure he would enjoy knowing more about this fine university. Through the years, there have been many, many movie folks whose kids came to TCU. And surprisingly the number of pro head coaches who have sent their kids here as well and still do! Many of those kids hang around after graduation and become part of the staff. Does that ever speak volumes of respect for TCU.

CryptoMiner

Can you keep an ear and eye for some news of these four? BTW, sure do enjoy his work on Yellowstone.. Admire how he plays of the head rangler. Don't think I'd want to get on his back side! Would love to have 30 minutes of conversation with the man, but then I'd want four hours more. And I'm sure he would enjoy knowing more about this fine university. Through the years, there have been many, many movie folks whose kids came to TCU. And surprisingly the number of pro head coaches who have sent their kids here as well and still do! Many of those kids hang around after graduation and become part of the staff. Does that ever speak volumes of respect for TCU.
Did Ryland walk-on at TCU? Have not heard his name with the program.

What Up Toad

Don't think I'd want to get on his back side!
0fb.gif

Toad Jones

Did Ryland walk-on at TCU? Have not heard his name with the program.
Not sure about that. Seems I remember his recruiting was a big deal, with the reputation on the field to match. Think he's around six two or there a bouts and played defensive end for some large high school in Fla.

I wasn't joking about the number of celebrities kids who have attended and still do at this moment.

As I recall, one of our guys went to Cal on a whim and landed a big spot on the golfing movie stng Kevin Costner.He wore an old, old tee-shirt of his on the set that said TCU. Funny, he caught on and appeared in a number of movies. Remember the guy who said, "Come on Down" on the Price Was Right. He was an original on that show and stayed for years. Believe his name was Rowdy ?. He recently lost his battle to cancer. ' He was a true character off camera.

And I've got to remind you of the fabulous, extremely talented first lady of Broadway, Betty Buckley. Three maybe four years back, said goodbye to Broadway after being the number one box office star for 10 or 12 years, to Ft. Worth. I think she bought a ranch SW of Ft. Worth. There are dozens and dozens of notables who made TCU home for 4 years. Not bad, huh, for your school!

tcudoc

I saw Brione the other day on one of those knee-cart scooters so he has some sort of injury
Based on comments that strangers made to my wife when she was required to have one of those, there is a population of people who would love to have one of those knee scooters. Pretty incredible how many people will randomly comment to a stranger with an injury and a knee scooter, "Man, I wish I had one of those...you're lucky."

East Coast

Tier 1
Not sure about that. Seems I remember his recruiting was a big deal, with the reputation on the field to match. Think he's around six two or there a bouts and played defensive end for some large high school in Fla.

I wasn't joking about the number of celebrities kids who have attended and still do at this moment.

As I recall, one of our guys went to Cal on a whim and landed a big spot on the golfing movie stng Kevin Costner.He wore an old, old tee-shirt of his on the set that said TCU. Funny, he caught on and appeared in a number of movies. Remember the guy who said, "Come on Down" on the Price Was Right. He was an original on that show and stayed for years. Believe his name was Rowdy ?. He recently lost his battle to cancer. ' He was a true character off camera.

And I've got to remind you of the fabulous, extremely talented first lady of Broadway, Betty Buckley. Three maybe four years back, said goodbye to Broadway after being the number one box office star for 10 or 12 years, to Ft. Worth. I think she bought a ranch SW of Ft. Worth. There are dozens and dozens of notables who made TCU home for 4 years. Not bad, huh, for your school!
The movie was Tin Cup and the actor was Dennis Burkley. He also dipped his toe into directing. Sadly, he passed about 10 years ago.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Based on comments that strangers made to my wife when she was required to have one of those, there is a population of people who would love to have one of those knee scooters. Pretty incredible how many people will randomly comment to a stranger with an injury and a knee scooter, "Man, I wish I had one of those...you're lucky."
lol pass

Chongo94

Burkley did not “catch on” after Tin Cup. Dude had been acting since the ‘70s and was fairly visible as one of those “that guy” actors throughout the ‘70s through to the ‘90s.

Frog-in-law1995

They’re crazy. Those things hurt.