• The KillerFrogs

Anthony Robles ESPY Poem

steelfrog

Tier 1
Many of you may have seen last night that ASU wrestler Anthony Robles won the Jimmy V Perseverance Award, possibly the most prestigious ESPY. It was a great story. Anthony, who aspires to be an inspirational speaker, delivered a poem he wrote called "Unstoppable" as part of his acceptance speech:

"Every soul who comes to earth
with a leg or two at birth
must wrestle his opponents knowing it's not what is,
it's what can be that measures worth.
Make it hard, just make it possible
and through pain I'll not complain.
My spirit is unconquerable,
fearless I will face each foe, for I know I am capable.
I don't care what's probable,
through blood, sweat, and tears, I am unstoppable."

steelfrog

Tier 1
And for one more story of a guy with one leg...this is the only combat-approved amputee in the Army; been deployed 9 times, 4 with a prosthetic leg!

http://www.usatoday.com/news/military/2011-06-19-Afghanistan-Iraq-Army-Rangers-amputee-Purple-Heart_n.htm#.TgZb5ajlJkm.facebook

talor

I tuned in for the last hour or so and got to see this. Great story!

His mom was definitely doable.

Side note, did you see his dad's haircut? Assuming the guy sitting next to his mom was the dad...hilarious do!

steelfrog

Tier 1
I can't imagine that it was, since he slammed both his birth dad, who abandoned his mom at birth, and his step dad, who left his mom last year or so.

Houston Frog

Was the funny haircut guy the guy who spent 3 decades falsely imprisoned? His hair was a little out of fashion.... it just stopped right above the temple

talor

Was the funny haircut guy the guy who spent 3 decades falsely imprisoned? His hair was a little out of fashion.... it just stopped right above the temple

Yea that was the haircut! I must have missed the part about his lack of father figures during my epic tug of war battle with the yellow lab that runs our house.

Latest posts