• The KillerFrogs

Another reason for why the Pac-12

Limp Lizard

PAC-12 is discussing having 9:00 AM kickoffs. And people here whine about a noon kickoff. Of course that would be better for a team in the central time zone playing on the west coast.

Still, every year there would be night games there, with a 9:00 PM CT or later kickoff. The only advantage I can see for a central time zone team in the PAC-12 is nicer locations, more destination locations for away games. Southern California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona vs. Kansas, Iowa, Waco.... But that is it. Go East, young man.

Horny4TCU

TV markets be darned! Do a kickoff that is good for the team and local fanbase.

If you're in the south/a hot state, evening kick offs only. Wait until fall has kicked in and daytime temperatures are at or below 80.

If you live on the west coast, play football whenever you want.

Froggish

Good idea for the conference exposure issue but imagine being a player and having to arrive at the locker rooms around 6 am..

nwlafrog

We complain about 11 AM. Imagine getting ready for a 9 AM kickoff.

For us out of towners with season tickets it would be a huge PITA to get to The Carter. I would have to be on the road around 3am with a grumpy and frustrated wife and kids to find parking, have time at frog alley and greet KF members that I know before going inside.

Eight

Good idea for the conference exposure issue but imagine being a player and having to arrive at the locker rooms around 6 am..

terrible for the conference and the easiest answer for the conference in regards to exposure is a game at 1:00 pm pacifice time which translates to mid day for most of the country and later tin the evening.

the problem is the mid-day slot and early evening slots are dominated by the rest of the conferences.

i don't have the answer, but if you want to be consider a major conference you don't start playing games in the left over time slots. seriously if they are struggling to keep the talent poachers out of so cal now imagine the crap you will get in recruiting.

additionally the logistics for the teams alone would be terrible.

team meal is at what time before the game? travel time would be early as crap and a 9:00 am game in pullman or eugene could be brutual weather wise.

Big Frog II

This is old hat for me if I want to see the frogs live on TV.
But, all you have to do is turn the TV on. Going to a 9 AM game is a much bigger deal. Depending on how far you live from the stadium, you would have to get up pretty early to attend the game in person. A whole bunch of people are going to say, forget it.