• The KillerFrogs

Andy on front of cnnsi.com

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs

Some great quotes, which make me feel for our rooster . . .

"How Not To Get Our Kid Quarterback Killed opened last week to decent reviews."

"As veteran Cincinnati guard Bobbie Williams put it, 'God help the young man.'"

"Even as the potential for carnage is high."

"Zampese said Dalton has traits that can't be coached. He's a leader, according to Zampese. He's smart, he wants to learn. 'He's not afraid,' said Zampese. 'He goes for the jugular.' Problem is, so does Ray Lewis. And he's better at it."

"'Dalton is a talented kid, with very little support,' Esiason said. 'He doesn't have Pittsburgh's defense, or Baltimore's. He doesn't have a very good offensive line. When Ben Roethlisberger started as a rookie, everyone wondered why Carson Palmer didn't start, too. They had two entirely different support systems.'"

HFrog1999

Same thing happend with Aikman. Got absolutely killed his rookie year, but the story ends well. OK, that's not true. The story ends like crap, but the middle's pretty good.

I don't see how you can end a story much better than this.

Aikman_Troy_Induction_180-220.jpg

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Boomer is a tool - and not a very sharp one, it appears. Fine, let them all express their low expectations. It will just result in Andy shining that much brighter.

HFrog1999

I was thinking of that as more of an epilogue, with the story actually ending 5 years earlier. Yeah...let's go with that. :unsure:

Pretty much all athletes end their careers while going downhill. I've never bought into the idea of going out on top. I'd prefer to give the game everything I had. Of course, I did do that, I just didn't have that much to give :laugh:

Atomic Frawg

In his rookie season, Peyton Manning led the league in interceptions (28) and went 3-13, and the defense gave up 27 points per game. You know how that story turned out.

geefrogs

As long as Andy Dalton is in Cincy....prognosis is not good.

They are the worst franchise in football. Worst owner ever. Andy will be smart and leave after his rookie contract is out.

Houston Frog

Boomer is a tool - and not a very sharp one, it appears. Fine, let them all express their low expectations. It will just result in Andy shining that much brighter.

Boomer just knows how hard it is to to play QB in the league, especially when you're a rookie, and especially when the team around you sucks something fierce.

jake102

But Andy has both Jordan Shipley and Bart Johnson. It's not everyday you get to rely on two short white receivers. Every quarterback's dream.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
But Andy has both Jordan Shipley and Bart Johnson. It's not everyday you get to rely on two short white receivers. Every quarterback's dream.

The worst part of it personally is that I have to watch Cincy now. That's torture. And I imagine that when they play Cleveland we'll get to hear all over again about Colt and Jordan's man love. That's something to look forward to.

FrogAbroad

Same thing happend with Aikman. Got absolutely killed his rookie year, but the story ends well. OK, that's not true. The story ends like crap, but the middle's pretty good.

Aikman's supporting cast was somewhat better to begin with than Dalton's appears to be, and over the following three years the Cowboys added some extraordinary team members. I question the Bengals' ability to build much of a real team. I definitely will be hoping they can and will do so.