• The KillerFrogs

AND YOU THOUGHT GETTING 124 SCORED ON YOU

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
MWC Board says UNM now has football players dismissed for stealing from each other. Some are not believing their admin and HC are being totally candid about the whole affair. Unrelated arrest for affray and other charges on another player = 4th arrest in 5 months, or 5th in 4...hard to keep track.

Pinkyfrog

They need to rejump the whole program, scrap the coaches, rethink some schollys, maybe even go through the AD's and scrap them too

tetonfrog

They need to rejump the whole program, scrap the coaches, rethink some schollys, maybe even go through the AD's and scrap them too

Can they afford this? It is very easy to tell someone to clean house when he can't pay the maid. How can they meet the bottom line if they are in the red? Yes, it is embarassing, but will it drown them in red deficits? And who would they hire next? Who would want the job?

Lot of questions in New Mexico right now. Glad I am not a Lobo fan.

HG73

Didn't Rocky Long just up and QUIT a few years ago? To go and be defensive coordinator at SDSU? That had to be one of the most bewildering moments in college football. What was the story behind that?

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Heads need to roll. Their AD is incompetent. He should have fired "Locks" for cause when he had the chance. He should be fired for failing to pull that trigger. Then they need to clean house in their coaching staff. As far as cost, its only going to get more costly. They are an embarrassment to the MWC and it continues to get worse.

We had 166 points scored against us in 13 games last year. They've had 124 scored against them in two. Wow.

How Locksley still has a gig is beyond me. UNM has never been a power, but it wasn't that long ago that they were a solid middle-of-the-pack team like Air Force. Now it's gotta be between them and Washington State for worst teams in D-1A ...

froginaustin

Didn't Rocky Long just up and QUIT a few years ago? To go and be defensive coordinator at SDSU? That had to be one of the most bewildering moments in college football. What was the story behind that?
Long said he was burned out, and frustrated by lack of institutional commitment to football. His recruiting had apparently gone down hill the last couple of years he was at UNM, and that is part of what we are seeing today.

I hope UNM football can turn it around, or they may become the Baylor of the MWC.

West Coast Johnny

Did anyone watch "All 22" on the mountain this week?

Beau Morgan said that the NM special teams are the worst squad he has ever seen at the D1 level. Last week, Kelly Stouffer said that most of the players on NM aren't really D1 players.

If you haven't seen All 22, its a great show. They featured the Air Force's win against BYU last week. AF made BYU look just plain bad.

Pinkyfrog

Can they afford this? It is very easy to tell someone to clean house when he can't pay the maid. How can they meet the bottom line if they are in the red? Yes, it is embarassing, but will it drown them in red deficits? And who would they hire next? Who would want the job?

Lot of questions in New Mexico right now. Glad I am not a Lobo fan.

Fire everyone, hold them in breach of contract for failing to perform to standards (Really if you didn't put some sort of standards level in a contract on some of your most visible employees you deserve to have a terrible athletic program) Use said money to hire new everyone. Okay so you'll burn through some money on search committees, but just getting new people in for a breath of fresh air, even if they aren't as strong individually, the UNM Athletic Department is not something you can get much worse than. Hire a new no-name coach with a great personality and charisma, instead of throwing out tons of money for a big name coach, hire above average assistants. Just do something. There comes a point where something is so bad that any change is good change.

ftwfrog

Get a new coach, a straightforward type of guy, pull scholarships and get 100% of the team as walk-ons. You could maybe find a kicker from the women's soccer team. Maybe find an old washed up QB amongst the general student body.

Pinkyfrog

Get a new coach, a straightforward type of guy, pull scholarships and get 100% of the team as walk-ons. You could maybe find a kicker from the women's soccer team. Maybe find an old washed up QB amongst the general student body.

Might be better than what they have, 124 points in 2 games? But I never said 100% of the schollys, just the guys who have character issues and team leadership issues. I'm all for a kicker from the women's soccer team, if she can make it, and you can keep your guys from doing something stupid with her, more power to the program.

Frogenstein

Didn't you mean a 'hot' kicker from the girl's soccer team. And what about a professor, ROTC type, and promininent booster's son? Just keep them away from Billy Bob's.

Waccy Frog

Leach would never take that job. He'll have a better offer would be my guess - Arizona St. keeps getting floated.

I think Franchione could happen, though. He begged for the SDSU and UNLV jobs, pitching that he had already had turned around 2 MWC programs (UNM and TCU). He would be a good choice for them because he seems to be able to restore order out of chaos (e.g., post-Sullivan/1-10 TCU; post-Dubose Bama).