• The KillerFrogs

And the new #1 defense in the nation is...

halfwaytoheaven

Looking at the stats from that game, it's hard to tell how Boise won. Only outgained LT by about 70 yards, LT led in time of possession, teams were even in turnovers; in penalties, LT was 5-45, Boise was 3-21, and there isn't a big difference in kick/punt returns. How the heck did Boise score so many more points?

Definitely looked like a vulnerable team for the first time all season. Hopefully some voters actually paid attention to this one and didn't just look at the final score. But who am I kidding?

This is the game last year at La Tech, that made me think Boise wasn't very good. I was wrong. La Tech must have their number for some reason. And they still lose.

IanforHeisman

That's the beauty of playing on MWC channels..

TCU struggled heavily against BYU, their defense was beating up on the Frogs they just didn't have an offense. Same with Colorado St.. Poor performance. Utah only beat Wyoming by 24.

Boise St was up 49-13 with 44 seconds left. Won by more than 4 touchdowns. I'll take it..

Horny4TCU

I suddenly like Hawaii's odds a lot more. Their QB is legit and they can play decent defense.

Minus the play calling, I thought LA Tech's major down fall was their QB. It wasn't that the Boise defense was good, the kid made bad calls on who to pass to. Well, and if he had better receivers.

Boise didn't seem like the same team from the FB. I am really peod we lost to these chumps after watching this game!

Horny4TCU

TCU struggled heavily against BYU, their defense was beating up on the Frogs they just didn't have an offense. Same with Colorado St.. Poor performance. Utah only beat Wyoming by 24.

Boise St was up 49-13 with 44 seconds left. Won by more than 4 touchdowns. I'll take it..

And too bad people didn't see TCU shut out Wyoming, while Bosie allowed them to score...

AEAfrog

Since when is BYU giving up almost 400 yards of offense beating up on someone? As for CSU, they gave up 474 yards. I know you Broncos rarely get to see a decent defense out in the WAC, but come on, you're smarter than that.

OmniscienceFrog

Minus the play calling, I thought LA Tech's major down fall was their QB.

I thought Spike's boy was a major downfall. Had a chance to stay in the game and constantly decides to go for seven rather than take three and keep it within reach.

No problem if you decide before the game that you are going to just go for it when opportunities present themselves, but the commentators mentioned at least a couple of times that he had said they just wanted to stay within striking distance into the fourth quarter. So what does he do when they have opportunities in the third quarter to keep the game close? He throws caution to the wind and decides to go for it on fourth and goal rather than take the points and cut what was a 21 point halftime deficit to 12 with lots of game to go. He did the same thing at least one more time.

Make a decision and stick with it.

NubomTurk

Tier 1
Minus the play calling, I thought LA Tech's major down fall was their QB.
Speaking of play calling, what was with LaTech going for it on 4th down deep in Boise territory and down 15 points after the Boise fumble???

Up until that fiasco, I thought the Bulldogs had a glimmer of hope.

Cougar/Frog

Boise is lucky this was a Tuesday night when most everyone was watching basketball. No style points here and Auburn will jump Boise in the human polls even if the War Eagle wins by 1 point...

neo926

How the heck did Boise score so many more points?
LaTech stupidly went for it on 4th down three times inside Boise's red zone. They had little trouble getting into the red zone, but poor judgment from the head coach to never settle for the field goal.

It's pretty obvious that you have no clue what you're talking about. TCU outgained Colorado St. by 313 yards, and BYU by 234 yards, and beat them by a combined score of 58-3. In no way can you consider either of those games poor performances. BYU had 147 yards of total offense, CSU had 161. That is a statistically dominating effort on both sides of the ball, and it shows in the final score.

Your game against La Tech, however, may look good in the box score, but statistically tells a different story. Only outgaining La Tech by by 70 yards, giving up almost 400 yards on defense, losing the time of possession battle. If it was for their decision to constantly go for it on 4th down instead of kick field goals or even converting some of those 4th down plays instead of going 3-for-7, that score would look pretty different.

Final scores don't tell the whole story, anyone who watched that game knows you didn't outplay La Tech by 30 points.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
LaTech stupidly went for it on 4th down three times inside Boise's red zone. They had little trouble getting into the red zone, but poor judgment from the head coach to never settle for the field goal.

It's pretty obvious that you have no clue what you're talking about. TCU outgained Colorado St. by 313 yards, and BYU by 234 yards, and beat them by a combined score of 58-3. In no way can you consider either of those games poor performances. BYU had 147 yards of total offense, CSU had 161. That is a statistically dominating effort on both sides of the ball, and it shows in the final score.

Your game against La Tech, however, may look good in the box score, but statistically tells a different story. Only outgaining La Tech by by 70 yards, giving up almost 400 yards on defense, losing the time of possession battle. If it was for their decision to constantly go for it on 4th down instead of kick field goals or even converting some of those 4th down plays instead of going 3-for-7, that score would look pretty different.

Final scores don't tell the whole story, anyone who watched that game knows you didn't outplay La Tech by 30 points.

Amen brother

BYU's defense beating up the Frogs???? Yeah, right :wacko:

You think playing on Tuesdays is a good thing. Most of us disagree ...

Neither BYU nor CSU made it onto our half of the field in the first half. Our offense may have taken a while to get going, but I hardly describe either of those games as "struggling heavily." Frankly, if you want to point out our worst performance, it was SMU. And SMU will probably be going to a bowl. You think you can say the same for LaTech?

I'd take it too, but it wasn't a great performance, particularly on defense. LaTech left a lot of points on the field and put up 400 yards of offense. But every team deserves a mulligan or two. Ultimately I doubt this will hurt much ...

Cougar/Frog

For ESPN2 on Tuesday night of the 1st day of the NBA season, ESPN has few things that will even move the ratings meter at all. And so, rather than show female billiards, strongest man, or some other counter programing, ESPN likes its very cheap date called Boise, with effectively got paid $40k or so to move its game to a Tuesday night.

Not a bad deal for ESPN, plus Boise avoided having most of the country actually watch the game, so that few would actually know how weak Boise looked, especially on defense.