• The KillerFrogs

And the College Road Trip of a life time begins!

tcumaniac

That drive from Midland to El Paso sucks!!!
It actually wasn't toooo terrible. That's why I haven't been on in a while. Well my shift was Odessa to el passo. I made really good time. Got behind a car with a radar detector and cruised around 85 to 90 the entire time behind him on the way to el paso. He slammed his brakes on twice and both times saved us from a state trooper.

We stopped at whataburger around 10:30 Texas time and got dinner. Were back on the road now. Passed utep about 20 minutes ago. Stinks we had to go through el paso as night. I heard it had some relarively nice scenery.

Anyway. We're driving all through the night so wish us luck! Go frogs!

ranger07

The sun city has some beautiful scenery.. The franklin mtns with desert flowers hugging the sides and some very old western historic parts of town.. Sadly You also get a view of the slums of juarez Mexico on the left when passing utep... You def missed out ;)

tcumaniac

37cbe902.jpg

El paso whataburger

Zammers

Yeah. More girls would be nice. She's doing a good job keeping us in check though and making sure we semi behave ourselves

MODERATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why the "F" was my post deleted from this thread. Nothing pisses me off more and if I don't get an answer I'm going to the top with this one. [ What the heck? ]!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't know which post....check out the reply above from tcumaniac. He made it in response to my post at 7:32pm. Scroll back up and you'll see the reply. Fix it!

tcumaniac

+100 :excl:

Y'all have a great time - but be safe, too! And thanks for posting the pics. Lets us old fogeys pretend we're along for the ride...:laugh:
We will!!! I definitely am blessed to be a student at TCU right now. Don't worry. Unlike the majority of students, I don't take this success fir granted. Both my parents went to TCU and I haven't missed a home game since my birth 19 years ago. I am well aware of where we came from and how big of a deal this game is!! GO FROGS!!

tcumaniac

Ran into some fellow frogs at a LOVE gasstation in Lordsburg NM right outside of AZ. We saw them a good mile a head of us and swore we saw purple in the distance and figured we were getting a bit too tired. Lo and behold we weren't seeing things. They were going pretty slow so we passed them by honking and putting our frogs up... Bout 10 minutes later we ran into them at the gas station. GO FROGS

ccf6f563.jpg

a90f043b.jpg

tcumaniac

Crossed into Arizona not too long ago. Got out of the car at the state line and literally stared at the stars in awe for about 20 minutes. Absolutely incredible. Indescribable. Makes you realize how small we are in this huge galaxy. No doubt there's an all powerful God that created everything. Anyway. Trip is still going well. It's hard to take pictures with my phone in the pitch black. I'm Using my normal camera with flash (unable to upload those pictures on the go) to provide light while I quickly snap a pic with my phone. It's very difficult! Haha!! Go frogs!

679172a2.jpg

NubomTurk

Tier 1
While in California, don't forget Fatburger. Different than In-N-Out, but one of the best burgers I've ever had. I checked it out and there is one in Pasadena.

You guys are making good time! Do you have a special song to play when you cross the California line?

tcumaniac

While in California, don't forget Fatburger. Different than In-N-Out, but one of the best burgers I've ever had. I checked it out and there is one in Pasadena.

You guys are making good time! Do you have a special song to play when you cross the California line?

We're still discussing but right now the main consensus is "All Star" by smashmouth.

And yeah we were making great time until they let the chick drive. I argued and argued but they insisted that we let her drive. I went ahead gave my man card to some grandma at the rest stop

NubomTurk

Tier 1
We're still discussing but right now the main consensus is "All Star" by smashmouth.

And yeah we were making great time until they let the chick drive. I argued and argued but they insisted that we let her drive. I went ahead gave my man card to some grandma at the rest stop
Your chances of survival probably increased 50% with her driving.

Weather?