• The KillerFrogs

and it has already started...

Wisconsin, yes or no?

• Total voters

Houston Frog

We already play Arkansas. Nice try.

And the Aggie completely missed the point of my post... shocker.

My point was, how many teams that just lost their bowl game would expect the team who just beat them to accept a one-and-done at their place when the other team already has a game scheduled on that date?

Do you think Tech should accept a last minute offer to play Northwestern in Chicago this year, with no return game, on the same weekend that Tech already has a game scheduled? Of course not

I would give a scenario where A&M has to accept a one-and-done at the home of the team they just beat in a bowl game, but that hasn't happened in a decade.

JugbandFrog

My response to the Aggie Fan

"Hey, we already have a game with Baylor on the 3rd. We have to pay to get out of that game to take a road game with no financial incentive. We are already paying two teams $500k to come play us at home to fill out our home schedule. So because of Tech backing out we would be $1.5 million in the hole. Unlike A&M's athletic department, TCU's doesn't lose money for the school, or should I say, taxpayers."

My Respnse to the Arky Fan who called TCU a word for cat that would get the Craig James treatment here:
"We don't get those fat TV contracts and we can't afford to just throw money away. They weren't gonna pay us a dime to go to their place, so screw em. Not only would we have paid Baylor to get out of our contract, we would have to cover ou...r expenses to go up there? Are you nuts? And then they didn't want to return the favor and do a home and home? We have an opening in 2013, the same year we play Arkansas and LSU, but they wouldn't take coming to Fort Worth. We wanted TWO games. They only wanted one. Who is the [Craig James] in this situation?"

Ill defend us to the death, but man, this makes us look bad.

jake102

I'd also recommend saying that we contacted Wisconsin first to set-up a home and home situation.

I'm not sure if it's true, but that doesn't really matter.

And the Aggie completely missed the point of my post... shocker.

My point was, how many teams that just lost their bowl game would expect the team who just beat them to accept a one-and-done at their place when the other team already has a game scheduled on that date?

Do you think Tech should accept a last minute offer to play Northwestern in Chicago this year, with no return game, on the same weekend that Tech already has a game scheduled? Of course not

I would give a scenario where A&M has to accept a one-and-done at the home of the team they just beat in a bowl game, but that hasn't happened in a decade.

Too bad we play legitimate teams in conference play. TCU no longer has a leg to stand on and you know it. What happened to "anyone, anywhere, anytime."?

BigEasyFrog

"Hey, we already have a game with Baylor on the 3rd. We have to pay to get out of that game to take a road game with no financial incentive. We are already paying two teams $500k to come play us at home to fill out our home schedule. So because of Tech backing out we would be $1.5 million in the hole. Unlike A&M's athletic department, TCU's doesn't lose money for the school, or should I say, taxpayers."

My Respnse to the Arky Fan who called TCU a word for cat that would get the Craig James treatment here:
"We don't get those fat TV contracts and we can't afford to just throw money away. They weren't gonna pay us a dime to go to their place, so screw em. Not only would we have paid Baylor to get out of our contract, we would have to cover ou...r expenses to go up there? Are you nuts? And then they didn't want to return the favor and do a home and home? We have an opening in 2013, the same year we play Arkansas and LSU, but they wouldn't take coming to Fort Worth. We wanted TWO games. They only wanted one. Who is the [Craig James] in this situation?"

Seriously dude, you got to chill.

Every fan base has its morons, there are plenty of TCU fans that have their idiots as well. It's not going to change, and obnoxious fans from UT or A&M aren't going to be changed by you defending us to the death. They are always going to throw jabs at other schools or teams, no matter if it is fair or not.

It's not worth it getting into a pissing match with people who's thought process you will never be able to change whatsoever, especially the obnoxious fan type.

We were 13-0, we were one of the best/the best schools in the country last season, you know we kick a--. Let it go and just be content and happy.

MidlandFrog

Who cares what they think. We have a massive football budget and we don't need one and dones anymore to make money. We have moved past that point. Only way we should ever except one and done is if it is Season opener and a neutral site. Why should we fill anyone's coffers for them and make a trip across the country with no return game???

fanatical frog

Not really. I'd be severely po'ed if we ever agreed to a one and done at Wisconsin. On top of that .....I have a list of maybe thirty or forty other schools I'd rather play OOC than Wisconsin.

Our only mistake is in not getting out front and making sure the world knows that what was offered was a one and done at their place....we won the Rose Bowl....we don't have to do schidt like that any more.

jake102

Too bad we play legitimate teams in conference play. TCU no longer has a leg to stand on and you know it. What happened to "anyone, anywhere, anytime."?

Name them.

Baylor - NO
Texas - NO
Tech - NO
Ok State - Possibly. Depends on if they lose that QB or WR or RB.
OU - Yes

Missouri - NO
Kansas - Easier than New Mexico
Kansas St - Colorado Stateish
Iowa State- Colorado Stateish

So you've got one good team, and one possibly OK team. Other than that, it's not that hard. You do have Arkansas, although they lose Mallett.

And you got killed by LSU. Mauled up and down the field.

texasrobster1997

Anyone who thinks this looks bad for TCU doesn't like TCU in the first place. It really is a ridiculous offer and anyone with any sense can see that. Norm just commented about this on the Ticket and said TCU did the right thing. This is not even close to Tech backing out of a contracted game two years in a row to play cupcakes.

Houston Frog

1.) "anyone, anywhere, anytime... unless we have a game scheduled on that date and it doesn't make sense to take the offer because we have nothing to gain by beating the team that we just beat".

2.) Listen, a 3rd party approached us and Wisconsin about a game, we said we would do a home and home, Wisky said they would only do a one-and-done. we couldn't reach terms.

3.) A&M sucks at football

micahjh

To the victor go the spoils. TCU went 13-0, won the Rose Bowl, and finished #2 in the polls. The spoils of this success mean that you dont have to be forced to take ridiculous deals, like a one in done on the road agaisnt a team who is bitter that we just beat em straight up on a neutral field. Now TCU is gonna do like the rest of the "Big Boys" do, and make our schedule exactly the way we want it. Once this new stadium is complete Ft Worth will have one of the finest venues in the land to host top notch matchups, and we would be thrilled to play anybody, anytime, anywhere, provided that its a fair deal and not some short end of the stick deal that nobody else that has TCUs resume would agree to either. The top programs in college football never ever ever agree to one and dones on the road. Its always home and homes for the somebodys. Well, guess what? TCU is a somebody now.

the invitation is still open to any team in the country to come to Ft Worth. All we hear back is crickets and how we are scarred to do something that is ridiculous and beneath us. For people to say TCU is scarred to do a one and done in Madison is like telling someone that they are scarred to chop of their toes and eat them for breakfast. There is a difference in being scarred and being smart.

NubomTurk

Tier 1
Jugband,

"Live never to be ashamed if anything you do or say is published around the world -- even if what is published is not true."

Richard Bach, Illusions,1977

Good book.

FROGDADDY

You might be the dimmest bulb to ever grace this board with it's presence. I'll anxiously await the day that Aggy agrees to play a game at ACS.

BigEasyFrog

+1 .......and also let me add a "good Lord". Some of you people worry about everything. When the last time any of those schools came to ACS to play a game?
No sh--. It's sad. And let me emphasize in the everything what other people say or think about us.

We've never had any significant character programs or trouble with our programs at this school, no better/worse than other schools that don't have anything newsworthy happen to them, we finished 13-0, we've won over 11 games 3 times the past 4 years, 5 in the past 7 if I'm guessing correctly in a quick fashion.

As long as we run a clean program, I don't give a dam- what other people think about us since I know we are good and nobody's opinion can change the fact that we are good.

I'm all for rivalries and winning against other schools like UT or A&M or whatever and ribbing each other in good fun, but some of you go way beyond taking it too seriously and are sucked in way too much about worrying what other people think or say about us and act like petty little girls when they are in competition with each other. It's immature and y'all are no better than the obnoxious fans that won't ever change their minds about TCU or any other school or team, whether their opinion is fair or not, right or completely off base wrong.

EDIT: And please spare me any response of the everybody can have an opinion or this is a message board and we should be able to display frustration or dispute others schools and that crap. I get it. If I didn't, I wouldn't be on here.

frogbyproxy

Relevance is everything now days but what fans from these schools think is irrelevant especially the old swc rivals. My hat is off to Baylor and SMU for playing us in series. But the teams like Tech who back out on deals reminds me of the bully who got his arse kicked and still talks smack! Irrelevant. Arkie reminds me of the kid down the street that is trying to get someone to notice him so he talks smack. Irrelevant! Texas and Aggies! Totally irrelevant until they finally want a series with TCU. They remind me of the same type of kid who came from a rich family who whines all the time stating they “deserve” but they have to do something to deserve! So to all the fans from those schools! Your opinion just don’t matter!