• The KillerFrogs

An option to help out reduced capacity next year

HFrog12

I have always thought that a good idea for big games such as Utah last year that they should put up some temporary bleachers in the southeast corner of the stadium between the student section and the new athletic complex. I believe there is plenty of room width and depth wise to put up some kind of grandstand. It may not look pretty from the outside but it will get more butts in the stands. A few other stadiums do this and especially next year when capacity is reduced I think this should be looked into.

SnoSki

I think that would be a great idea.. on both sides of the east stands.. I think another great spot would be either side of the scoreboard. I know there are vendors there now though

AUFrog

I have always thought that a good idea for big games such as Utah last year that they should put up some temporary bleachers in the southeast corner of the stadium between the student section and the new athletic complex. I believe there is plenty of room width and depth wise to put up some kind of grandstand. It may not look pretty from the outside but it will get more butts in the stands. A few other stadiums do this and especially next year when capacity is reduced I think this should be looked into.
Great idea. Anything would look better than the tin can in the background. Wish I had a few million burning a hole in my pocket so I could brick DMC...

angelo's frog

Great idea. Anything would look better than the tin can in the background. Wish I had a few million burning a hole in my pocket so I could brick DMC...

If bricking it was in the plans, that would've been done. TCU is not going to put lipstick on a pig. When the money is there for basketball, they will tear it down and build a new arena. Probably ADA compliance issues involved with even a cosmetic redo as well.

Frog DJ

ACS did this when I was a kid, and I used to sit there a lot because I always sat in the end zone for 50 cents, while my parents sat in their season ticket seats underneath the upper deck.

It certainly wouldn't pacify long-term season ticket holders who will be forced out during construction, but it might accommodate some of those displaced by longer tenured patrons.

Vendors can be moved, and sight lines for game viewing should come first.

If TCU continues to win there will be an increased demand for tickets next year, and there's no way to make everyone happy, but this idea has some merit.

Go Frogs!

halfwaytoheaven

I didn't think adding anything - other than video boards - in the south end zone was part of the plan...

Should have been more specific. I was referring to the North end zone, on either side of the scoreboard. South end zone could work, but it might get tight. Bathrooms could be a problem.

HFrog12

By next season there should be permanent stands there.

Correct, the north endzone isnt the problem. That will be a very good looking construction from the renderings. And the reason I would not suggest the bleachers in the southwest side is because of the walkway that goes across and frankly I think it might be crammed. The southeast side however opens up pretty well and 1. It would cover the site of DMC (which I believe isn't that attractive) and 2. It essentially creates a closed off stadium which should heighten crowd noise and look nice from the inside of the stadium.

Nick Danger

Would it be possible to temporarily "transplant" those long-standing season ticket holders in the west stands that are going to be displaced, to the club seat section of the South endzone complex. I'm assuming that a large number of those folks that had/have club seats in the South endzone will have moved to the new club seat section in the west stands, thereby opening up some seats for the temporarily displaced west siders. Letting them have use of the club facilities for the one season would compensate them for having to move and sit in the endzone for one season. Yes? No?

P.S. Nevermind! I just realized there wouldn't be nearly enough south end zone seats to accommodate all the displaced, but allowing them use of the club facilities might be somewhat of a compensation for being displaced wherever!.

SnoSki

Correct, the north endzone isnt the problem. That will be a very good looking construction from the renderings. And the reason I would not suggest the bleachers in the southwest side is because of the walkway that goes across and frankly I think it might be crammed. The southeast side however opens up pretty well and 1. It would cover the site of DMC (which I believe isn't that attractive) and 2. It essentially creates a closed off stadium which should heighten crowd noise and look nice from the inside of the stadium.

Agreed..

Re: the cramming of the sidewalks, they make temporary grandstands that have walkways under them... they're at any major golf tourney like Colonial.

Frogenstein

Would it be possible to temporarily "transplant" those long-standing season ticket holders in the west stands that are going to be displaced, to the club seat section of the South endzone complex. I'm assuming that a large number of those folks that had/have club seats in the South endzone will have moved to the new club seat section in the west stands, thereby opening up some seats for the temporarily displaced west siders. Letting them have use of the club facilities for the one season would compensate them for having to move and sit in the endzone for one season. Yes? No?

P.S. Nevermind! I just realized there wouldn't be nearly enough south end zone seats to accommodate all the displaced, but allowing them use of the club facilities might be somewhat of a compensation for being displaced wherever!.

Allowing more people access to the club would probabley annoy the current club and end zone suite holders. Those people paid alot of money for those seats and are used to a club that is not over crowded which it would be if you allowed access to all of those fans who will be displaced next season. There just aren't any easy answers and alot of people will be angry next season.