• The KillerFrogs

An interesting conversation on Texas

Sebastian S

They have changed coaches but somehow they aren't getting any better

There must be some nerd with some extensive analytics on Texas recruiting with the percentages of colleges that have them and their success on the field

Heck, even just do OU vs Texas, how many of them have highly rated Texas recruits then how many from the SEC area, California then up by Ohio.

Texas still seems to be the place with the most highly ranked HS recruits.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
A scout? You think the guy is going to go from being a top 10 paid college football coach to living on the road making less than $100K scouting?

I'd say he's more likely to be leading the go frogs chant at the 50 yard line next year than doing that.
Agreed. NFL Scout is nomadic grunt work. He could easily be an analyst or quality control coach but if he wants back in the profession it will be as a head coach, imo

Rabidfrog

I don't understand the situation there.

Coach after coach, cant seem to get it done. Coaches that were successful in their previous stops.

On paper they should be really good. Are Texas(HS) recruits now becoming duds?

We are next, hopefully we don't suffer the same fate.
different type of player now days. If team is not winning, players are apt, many of them, to throw in the towel. Don't want to play for a loser. Just my guess.

4 Oaks Frog

Sure hope our guys have an eye on the portal for some tu tallen. Could be some good jumpers…
GO FROGS!
BEAT FIGHTING TOUCANS!
Spit Blood ~~<~< and fornicate baylor!!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Only one thing is absolutely sure about UTexas. In next year's pre-season football polls, they will be ranked in the top ten or fifteen teams in the nation. Bet on it.
Every time. It's like a knee-jerk reaction by the Sportswriters...

Wexahu

Only one thing is absolutely sure about UTexas. In next year's pre-season football polls, they will be ranked in the top ten or fifteen teams in the nation. Bet on it.
It's largely the infatuation with recruiting classes and the assumption that a team that has a bunch of 4 and 5 star kids is going to be better than the one's that don't.

Let's face it, we kinda do the same thing. Explain to me why our fan base is so infatuated with Zach Evans and think he is so awesome and so indispensable but you rarely hear Kendre Miller talked about on those terms, even though they are basically equally productive players. It's because Evans was labeled a "5-star" and Miller was a relative unknown, and we have a predisposed opinion of how good they are.

Apply that same logic to preseason rankings.

It's largely the infatuation with recruiting classes and the assumption that a team that has a bunch of 4 and 5 star kids is going to be better than the one's that don't.

Let's face it, we kinda do the same thing. Explain to me why our fan base is so infatuated with Zach Evans and think he is so awesome and so indispensable but you rarely hear Kendre Miller talked about on those terms, even though they are basically equally productive players. It's because Evans was labeled a "5-star" and Miller was a relative unknown, and we have a predisposed opinion of how good they are.

Apply that same logic to preseason rankings.
Agree, mostly, but Zach Evans is a beautiful runner and worthy of appreciating as a five star talent. A joy to watch when he plays. Miller was only .8344 on 247 composite and I wonder why—and how much can be learned and gained from that in future recruiting. How much does coming from small 2A Mount Enterprise factor in.

Last edited: