1. The KillerFrogs

Aledo wins again...

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by Chongo94, Jan 15, 2021.

1. 10th state title. Most ever with 9 of those coming in the last 11 years. Ridiculous.

Bonner4Prez likes this.
  2. And LD Bell hangs another banner! Choo Choo

3. FYI final score

Aledo 56
    Crosby 21

4. Interesting Crosby made it that far. When I was in hs they were a mediocre school in our district

5. That coach has apparently been improving them greatly the last two years.

kidkarr likes this.
  6. It also used to be a little bitty town way out east of Houston...

Double V and Eight like this.
  7. With his liver being shot, I am surprised he scored that many points. Stills, Nash, and Young must have helped.

mcdaddy, HFrog1999, satis1103 and 9 others like this.
  8. Yup. Super rural

9. This is as exciting as Alabama winning again.

10. Less

Frog Wild likes this.
  11. From morning Startlegram (Brian Gosset):

“When Aldo's Ethan McBrayer tore his right ACL in September, it looked like his senior year was going to be a complete wash. McBrayer arrived in Aledo last spring, hoping to become the Bearcat's starting quarterback. He was all-state at Godley in 2019 when he threw for 2,738 yards and 33 touchdowns.”

Be interesting to know who is Aledo's recruiter, and whether he would be interested in coming to TCU.

12. They are the Bishop Gorman of DFW. Bishop Gorman is a high school down the street from me who recruits nationally and therefore dominates in every sport except basketball as Findlay Prep is the primary recruiter for Las Vegas high school hoops. Joey Gallo among others went to Bishop Gorman. The thing is Bishop Gorman is a private school so that is how they are allowed to recruit, I can't wrap my mind around how the UIL lets public schools like Katy and Aledo get away with it.

allclearforfrogs and McFroggin like this.
  13. Why on a Friday afternoon? Ridiculous.

Peacefrog and Pharm Frog like this.
  14. Should have been last night...I agree. But I really do LOVE the 5 straight days of title games in non covid years starting on Wed morning.

Ron Swanson, Pharm Frog and Armadillo like this.
  15. Not worthy of its own thread but still high school athletics (sort of....I suppose) At least WF has reason for hope in the future....or not. Do wonder if something strange happened to the WF program.

TCU_91 likes this.
  16. WF should be W+F, where +=T (Filters)

Peacefrog, Punter1 and Chongo94 like this.
  17. Great TCU connection too -- his wife was a trainer for the football team in the early 2000s!

Chongo94 likes this.
  18. Wasn't he in "My Cousin Vinnie?"

Salfrog, Eight and tcudoc like this.
  19. Maybe. I know he had two dads though.

20. Was at the game today. It is getting a bit ridiculous. Ain’t it great!