• The KillerFrogs

Aggies to SEC Heating Up Again?

mtmedlin

Question: if the hypothetical came true, and tcu was asked to replace A&M in this little 10, could tcu accept? Or do we have a contract with the big eat?

Could TCU accept...Yes. I honestly believe that TCU is smart enough to not become Texas's [Rod Gilmore] but just in case your not, then you would get what you deserve.
After all that has happened, I gurantee that TCU would take $5 million less per year to stay in the BE and be treated like Kings then get a pay raise (which money doesnt seem to be a huge issue with TCU) and have to play second fiddle to Texas.

hometown frog

nice to see Chip Brown up to his usual tactics of stating both sides of the coin in one statement. That way, whatever happens down the road, he can claim he was right all along.....

Boomhauer

With Comcast indicating that they are willing to do just about anything to get our contract and early bids nearly at ACC level money, I dont see the BE getting a contract lower then the ACC. In short, the BE should have no worries about the ACC taking any teams.

Have to disagree here. Most WVU fans are on board with accepting an offer to the ACC. Mainly because they are tired of having to deal with the basketball only schools when dealing with expansion, and the fact that they would like to split sometime down the road.

Also, the timing is bad for the Big East. Right now the Big East tv contract is very poor compared to the ACC. Sure, two years from now it might be better than the ACC but that is not a guarantee. I think most Big East teams would view it as Bird in Hand vs. Two in the Bush. If this happened two years from now after the Big East got their money then I think it would be less likely that WVU, or some other Big East team would accept a bid to the ACC. But right now, we still have two more years under the old contract.

asleep003

TCU is going nowhere... unless the bottom falls out and 2-4 teams leave B12 and 2-4 teams leave BE, where by a merger is formed with the balance of the 2 conferences.... becoming a lower div of Super conferences, but still classified as a super conference(with around12- 14 BCS FB teams/20-22 BB teams), while adding academies, who would be more inclined to be involved, if all the TV revenue was going to dry up elsewhere, due to a Superconference Hysteria scenario.

Cheers !

roddog

Banned
Have to disagree here. Most WVU fans are on board with accepting an offer to the ACC. Mainly because they are tired of having to deal with the basketball only schools when dealing with expansion, and the fact that they would like to split sometime down the road.

what do you mean? i could swear deep purple was telling me yesterday that the bcs was about basketball 2 :laugh:

Deep Purple

what do you mean? i could swear deep purple was telling me yesterday that the bcs was about basketball 2 :laugh:

No, that's not what I said. But I see you're still living up to the literacy expectations of a Sand Aggie. :eek:hmy:

2009-06-26-On-the-perils-of-illiteracy.gif

roddog

Banned
No, that's not what I said. But I see you're still living up to the literacy expectations of a Sand Aggie. :eek:hmy:

highly suggest you get your memory checked, alzheimers at your age is a pretty serious issue!

http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=139599&st=80

#1. If you don't think basketball enters into the BCS equation, you're more deluded than I thought -- and that's saying a LOT.

and again in another post:

I repeat: If you don't think basketball factors into BCS considerations, you're more deluded than I suspected. The NCAA Tourney garners a lot more money for many BCS teams than football does. And the BCS is all about money.

Deep Purple

highly suggest you get your memory checked, alzheimers at your age is a pretty serious issue!

http://www.killerfro...ic=139599&st=80

#1. If you don't think basketball enters into the BCS equation, you're more deluded than I thought -- and that's saying a LOT.

and again in another post:

I repeat: If you don't think basketball factors into BCS considerations, you're more deluded than I suspected. The NCAA Tourney garners a lot more money for many BCS teams than football does. And the BCS is all about money.

Highly suggest you enroll in a Remedial Reading course at Tarrant County College. They have a much better adult literacy program than Texas Tech.

"basketball enters into the BCS equation" + "basketball factors into BCS considerations" "the bcs is about basketball."

Tell us the truth: English isn't really your first language, is it?

roddog

Banned
Highly suggest you enroll in a Remedial Reading course at Tarrant County College. They have a much better adult literacy program than Texas Tech.

"basketball enters into the BCS equation" + "basketball factors into BCS considerations" "the bcs is about basketball."

Tell us the truth: English isn't really your first language, is it?

you get busted and are still on the defensive, good grief man give it a rest :rolleyes:

if the bball enters the equation at all, then why in the hell is wv tired of hearing about the big east bball teams and looking at the acc

Deep Purple

you get busted and are still on the defensive, good grief man give it a rest :rolleyes:
Defensive? Busted? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Like most other opinions you express on this board, I suspect you're the sole believer in that one.

My mistake was in assuming you understand the language as well as a native speaker. I'll be a good guy and explain it for you. When a native English-speaker says,"The great view is one reason I bought the house," that is not the same as saying, "It was all about the great view." The first statement indicates one among several considerations. The second statement indicates an exclusive consideration. In English, we do not equate multiple considerations with an exclusive consideration. See how it works? Neat, huh?

if the bball enters the equation at all, then why in the hell is wv tired of hearing about the big east bball teams and looking at the acc
Well, I see we're dealing with more than just a literacy problem here. You seem to have a reasoning disability as well.

Where did WV say it is "looking at the ACC"? What we have here is a poster named Boomhauer expressing his opinion that this is the case. Which is why he used the qualifier "I think." Something I'm pretty sure is a new concept for you.

This board really needs a warning icon to attach to posts that are over your head so you won't stumble into embarrassment. Something like this...

264113001_f1ed3fb11e.jpg

roddog

Banned
Defensive? Busted? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This board really needs a warning icon to attach to posts that are over your head so you won't stumble into embarrassment.

the only embarrassment here should be you getting caught in a lie in saying you didnt say the bcs was about bball 2, then trying to use big words and insults to cover it up, but ive come to expect it from you!

i guess there is no code of ethics for moderators on here

Deep Purple

the only embarrassment here should be you getting caught in a lie in saying you didnt say the bcs was about bball 2, then trying to use big words and insults to cover it up, but ive come to expect it from you!

I see you're still struggling with actual meanings in the English language. You're still trying to equate two statements that are not equivalent. Well, keep practicing. Someday, the meanings may become clear to you.

However, I admit that I owe you an apology for using "big words" here. I'm smacking my head for assuming you would know what "cognitive" means.

asleep003

Very very disappointed in your response, roddog. Where is that very cunning/nasty rhetores. Seems DP took you out of your rhythm... that embodies the Spankyass Purple Hippo!

Cheers

NORMLFROG

I'm the first to admit that our position and the position of the Big East going forward in uncertain at best. But that doesn't make our position any less uncertain than other teams and other conferences. As long as this network controlled game of musical chairs goes on our position will remain uncertain. I'll tell you this though..that uncertainty is preferable to ever walking the same path with our former conference mates. It's been eye opening to watch the saga from a distance...why in the world would we ever want to inject ourselves into that mess?

NF

roddog

Banned
...why in the world would we ever want to inject ourselves into that mess?

NF

your entitled to express your opinion but im not buyin it, you would rather walk in and make around 10 million in a conference thousands of miles away as opposed to being in a conf where you would make about 16 million plus know that your attendance is going to skyrocket, wouldnt you like to know you were going to get 75k thousand at jerryworld like anm and tech do as opposed to 45k? you know you miss the old rivalries, you know you would love the opportunity to tailgate to lubbock and austin and norman again, or are you like gunner and prefer nice destination in wyoming and las vegas?

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
your entitled to express your opinion but im not buyin it, you would rather walk in and make around 10 million in a conference thousands of miles away as opposed to being in a conf where you would make about 16 million plus know that your attendance is going to skyrocket, wouldnt you like to know you were going to get 75k thousand at jerryworld like anm and tech do as opposed to 45k? you know you miss the old rivalries, you know you would love the opportunity to tailgate to lubbock and austin and norman again, or are you like gunner and prefer nice destination in wyoming and las vegas?

Unfortunately, Mr. lame from the plains has a point. While we as fans certainly have reasons for not being involved with UT and the rest of its satellite campuses, the TCU administration needs to be more objective. the money is a consideration and so is the proximity. But so are the concerns about stability and the fact that UT runs the place. Personally, the Big East seems like the better deal overall, but its not cut and dried.

Of course, rod managed to shoot himself in the foot by underestimating BE revenue while overestimating B12 money. He just can't help himself.

roddog

Banned
Personally, the Big East seems like the better deal overall, but its not cut and dried.

funny how your coach didnt think so:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/colleges/post/_/id/4668551/could-tcu-be-on-brink-of-joining-big-12

Back in January in California when TCU coach Gary Patterson accepted his Coach of the Year award from the Football Writers Association of America, he said the Frogs wouldn't hesitate to join the Big 12 if asked.

cdsfrog

funny how your coach didnt think so:

http://espn.go.com/b...-joining-big-12

Back in January in California when TCU coach Gary Patterson accepted his Coach of the Year award from the Football Writers Association of America, he said the Frogs wouldn't hesitate to join the Big 12 if asked.

Probably was the case without LHN wanting to air high school games and A&M considering bolting to the SEC. Not to mention he probably wasnt given the option of the big 12 being destroyed and the big east adding quality teams.