• The KillerFrogs

ACS - December 5 2010

hometown frog

Awesome to see in person. I had a few tears in eyes as it hit me that she's no longer there. Looking west and seeing the TCU logo staring back at me has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. 2012 needs to hurry up and get here!!

PurpleBlood87

Cool pictures, thanks for posting! Who were the 5 that got to detonate it?
I think there were 8 to 10 plungers. I think Patterson, the guys from 4 Sevens Oil Company (thhey might have had one plunger) and the five big donors for the new stadium. It was hard to see there were people in front of me.

ZeeFrog

ACS-PBpic.jpg

thanks to PurpleBlood87 for the photo.

Endless Purple

Watching the news tonight and the opening lead in was a shot of TCU stadium coming down. This is in Houston on ch 11, not DFW. Followed it up by saying TCU is smelling Roses before mentioning any other teams including NFL - then went to commercial.

I was shocked by a TCU mention

Does anyone know what did that banner say that was tied at the top of the press box and elevator shaft?
The Banner said "Austin", the name of the construction company that is the contractor for the reconstruction. I think they sub-contracted the demolition to an Oklahoma company.

groundfrog

The Banner said "Austin", the name of the construction company that is the contractor for the reconstruction. I think they sub-contracted the demolition to an Oklahoma company.

There were several banners, one for the general contractor, one for the implosion contractor, one for the wrecking contractor (the guys who get to clean up the mess), and one more that I couldn't read, I think. It's pretty standard for an implosion- free advertising for the companies involved