• The KillerFrogs

A&M vs Vanderbilt

NewFrogFan

Anyone watch them absolutely trucking Vandy? How did Schloss get the freshman leadoff hitter? I thought all the Cali baseball players came to TCU? I guess my Tigers will join the “club” with Miss St and Ole Miss a year after winning Omaha.

Spike

Anyone watch them absolutely trucking Vandy? How did Schloss get the freshman leadoff hitter? I thought all the Cali baseball players came to TCU? I guess my Tigers will join the “club” with Miss St and Ole Miss a year after winning Omaha.
Significantly less tuition at a state school. I wonder if her has better luck there finding financial aid for his players.

FrogAbroad

The Big Time College Football Industry is shrinking, with money increasingly moving to stronger hands. I liken it to the US automobile industry of, say, a century ago. There was Ford, General Motors, Chrysler, Packard, Studebaker, Hudson, Nash, Buick, Oldsmobile, and many others. As some brands grew stronger and more profitable, lesser brands weakened to the point of significantly falling from importance or closing their doors altogether. Over the next five years we'll see some CFB brands wither, and others drop completely from significance.

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
The Big Time College Football Industry is shrinking, with money increasingly moving to stronger hands. I liken it to the US automobile industry of, say, a century ago. There was Ford, General Motors, Chrysler, Packard, Studebaker, Hudson, Nash, Buick, Oldsmobile, and many others. As some brands grew stronger and more profitable, lesser brands weakened to the point of significantly falling from importance or closing their doors altogether. Over the next five years we'll see some CFB brands wither, and others drop completely from significance.
That's a good analogy. TCU will be like Buick -- still around, but an afterthought for most folks.

FrogAbroad

Nah, TCU will be a Lamborghini....small, cozy, stylish, and in great demand.
After the SWC folded we began our search for a new home. First there was the WAC which was a 5-year residency. Then we moved to C-USA for another four years, followed by the MWC and then (drum roll!) we got that invite to and joined the Big East, for...uhm...what, about 45 minutes? Finally our dream date picked us up in 2012 and we've been B12 since. I'm not sure that's a Lamborghini resume...I'd say its more like a Nash Rambler.

FrogBall09

Significantly less tuition at a state school. I wonder if her has better luck there finding financial aid for his players.
the tuition gap argument is irrelevant anymore - the only players it matters for are high school freshman and then only for the first year. If we want them to stay, we can close the gap after their first year or they can move on to someplace cheaper if they are not a fit.

We NIL everyone on our team we want to be here besides freshman to make up the difference easily - and most of those guys are here for 1 year, maybe 2 at the most.

We are not that good at the portal - that is the biggest difference.

Our freshman are actually probably better than most - we just depend on too many of them and too much in general.