• The KillerFrogs

A little perspective from a 52 year old lawyer

Froglaw

Mark down July 14, 2011. Dallas Coaches event at the Love Field Frontiers of Flight Museum. 5:00 to 5:30 registration.

This will be the approximate 10th or 12th time I've been involved in the event.

It is a time to gather for the coming season. To shake hands with old friends. To make new friends. And to say goodbye to some dear friends who have passed.

I remember my first days on TCU's campus as a student. I got a work/study job running the housing department's computer. (I must have run the batch program "bedjob" a hundred times). I was on campus three weeks before school started.

Since then, I have made a ton of new friends. Lost friends.

This will be the first summer I've spent without my parents. Most of you know what huge TCU fans both were. However, Mom always kept things in perspective. If she did not feel like going,she's listen to the radio.

With football season fast approaching I encourage you to plan this fall well.

Make sure you keep your friends and family involved in this ride of a lifetime.

Take time to give a hug or two to those you love.

Have a great summer. See you in Dallas on July 14, 2011.

As far as tailgating, I'm being moved to Lot 4 so come by and say "hi" during the season.

Go Frogs!!!!

Double D

Tier 1
Coaches event will be greeeeeeattt!

Mark down July 14, 2011. Dallas Coaches event at the Love Field Frontiers of Flight Museum. 5:00 to 5:30 registration.

This will be the approximate 10th or 12th time I've been involved in the event.

It is a time to gather for the coming season. To shake hands with old friends. To make new friends. And to say goodbye to some dear friends who have passed.

I remember my first days on TCU's campus as a student. I got a work/study job running the housing department's computer. (I must have run the batch program "bedjob" a hundred times). I was on campus three weeks before school started.

Since then, I have made a ton of new friends. Lost friends.

This will be the first summer I've spent without my parents. Most of you know what huge TCU fans both were. However, Mom always kept things in perspective. If she did not feel like going,she's listen to the radio.

With football season fast approaching I encourage you to plan this fall well.

Make sure you keep your friends and family involved in this ride of a lifetime.

Have a great summer. See you in Dallas on July 14, 2011.

As far as tailgating, I'm being moved to Lot 4 so come by and say "hi" during the season.

Go Frogs!!!!

HG73

Did we outgrow Haggard Farm? This event has been there for like 10 years or so. Nice people to let us use their barn.

pcf

I married into a family of huggers. It is a large family. Grandpa always gives everyone a hug. However, the family got so big that he was having a hard time with all the extended relations, so he would hug strangers sometimes, just to be sure. Grandma noticed that the strangers he hugged were always curvaceous women.

You might want to make a note of that for when you get in your 70's and 80's.

Froglaw

Aready got our tickets, Brother.

Steel did not realize you were that old--you could pass for 42!

Steel, as you know if 27 years of practice in Dallas is added to undergrad, law school, the CPA exam, the Bar exam, two board certification exams, and 13 years of marriage to an Aggie, the mileage is high on this old Pickup.
:cool:

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
I got a work/study job running the housing department's computer. (I must have run the batch program "bedjob" a hundred times). I was on campus three weeks before school started.

Go Frogs!!!!

You should be proud. I wonder how many undergrads have run bedjobs a hundred times? I guess it depends on which frat/sorority one pledges to.

I'm just a few years behind you, at TCU and in law. One does gain a little perspective with a few years. Everyone's story is different, and either better or worse, depending on that all-important perspective.

BleedNPurple

Great post - thank you for running all of my bedjob programs for me - finally got the bugs out! I'm 3 years older than you - graduated 78 and keep several lawyers on retainer. I confess to be a hugger - I firmly believe it makes evrybodies lives last longer. Thanks for your candid advice Froglaw - I think they are words to live by and I cherish my friends - many many are from TCU. Also - my wife is hot as h$lll - or whatever CRAIG JAMES word they let us use these days! Life is good and plan on it getting better - thanks for sharing! Go frogs!