• The KillerFrogs

A little OT: Mike Rhyner says goodbye

Christcu

I remember his "Sports Snorts" segments from The Zoo and though never a huge Ticket fan i did enjoy his show:

Mike,
It has been a pleasure knowing you and listening to you since we met at KZEW in 1984, again a few years later at WBAP and as a constant listener of yours for many years later. Forgive me for not remembering the lady I believe you married who worked at WBAP or KSCS on the legendary land known as Broadcast Hill in Ft Worth. Again, I have enjoyed working with you and listening to you all these years my friend. Best wishes to you in the future, whatever that holds for you.
Chris Leiss

netty2424

I was working at a car auction in high school in Euless 24-25 years ago. I got my first exposure to The Ticket and was hooked.

The station hadn’t been on long and the auction had just opened, both trying to get their feet off the ground.

For advertising, they hired The Ticket to do a remote. In walks Gordon Keith. He was by himself, set up a table and went to work. He had the staff laughing out arses off. The owner of the auction was a real loose cannon, very moody, and the smallest things would set him off. Looking back, probably drug related.

Either way, he was not pleased that day as we didn’t get much work done standing around giving Gordon his own personal audience. Every time he walked into the room, we all scattered as he would yell at us to get back to work.

Working in outside sales, The Ticket is a fixture in my truck all day long. Hate to see Mike go! Congrats and best of luck as you ride off!!

I was working at a car auction in high school in Euless 24-25 years ago. I got my first exposure to The Ticket and was hooked.

The station hadn’t been on long and the auction had just opened, both trying to get their feet off the ground.

For advertising, they hired The Ticket to do a remote. In walks Gordon Keith. He was by himself, set up a table and went to work. He had the staff laughing out arses off. The owner of the auction was a real loose cannon, very moody, and the smallest things would set him off. Looking back, probably drug related.

Either way, he was not pleased that day as we didn’t get much work done standing around giving Gordon his own personal audience. Every time he walked into the room, we all scattered as he would yell at us to get back to work.

Working in outside sales, The Ticket is a fixture in my truck all day long. Hate to see Mike go! Congrats and best of luck as you ride off!!

Did you call in today?

WhatTheFrog

I mean, what the hell man??? Some things you just don’t need to say. And that’s coming from an [ Arschloch] who will say just about anything.
Some of us missed something. Do tell!

Frog fight! Not like that's something new, but whatever...

For the record, Moose Knuckle is right concerning his self-deprecation. My observations, anyway. Haha!