• The KillerFrogs

a little analysis needed

hindry

according to cbs 51 v 49

what does this mean in a non- ncg scenario?

would we inevitably pass bsu as per last year?

is there a chance we could get left out of bcs?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rankings/120/index1

gdu

according to cbs 51 v 49

what does this mean in a non- ncg scenario? We still have lots of football to play

would we inevitably pass bsu as per last year? Nope. Don't forget about the human pollsters

is there a chance we could get left out of bcs? Absolutely. Boise was extremely lucky to get in last year.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rankings/120/index1

Dogfrog

TCU already has a significant lead over Boise in the computers and that spread will get bigger as the season progresses due to Boise's schedule. I still think TCU passes Boise in BCS rankings given both win out or unless the human voters make promoting Boise their pet project. Wins over AF and Utah will really stand out. A Boise win over Nevada - not so much.

hindry

TCU already has a significant lead over Boise in the computers and that spread will get bigger as the season progresses due to Boise's schedule. I still think TCU passes Boise in BCS rankings given both win out or unless the human voters make promoting Boise their pet project. Wins over AF and Utah will really stand out. A Boise win over Nevada - not so much.

i ask because i don't know...

boise lead in bcs is due to human polls? is that correct"

and

the conversation, as i have heard it since week 2, is bsu and ncg.
isn't the preception in human polls already that bsu better? or at least somehow more deserving?
-

HoustonHornedFrog

i ask because i don't know...

boise lead in bcs is due to human polls? is that correct"

and

the conversation, as i have heard it since week 2, is bsu and ncg.
isn't the preception in human polls already that bsu better? or at least somehow more deserving?
-

Yes the Boise lead is because of the human polls and as strange as it seams the fact that the human pollsters are likely to keep moving AQ conference schools up could actually help us if they are willing to move them past Boise too. The problem right now is that they seem to want to keep Boise in the no. 3 spot despite letting others pass us up. TCU might not catch BSU in the human polls but if we can close the gap, in the human poll numbers it we can catch them in the BCS. Unfortunately it may take OU taking more of those first and second place votes from BSU for us to do that.

hindry

Yes the Boise lead is because of the human polls and as strange as it seams the fact that the human pollsters are likely to keep moving AQ conference schools up could actually help us if they are willing to move them past Boise too. The problem right now is that they seem to want to keep Boise in the no. 3 spot despite letting others pass us up. TCU might not catch BSU in the human polls but if we can close the gap, in the human poll numbers it we can catch them in the BCS. Unfortunately it may take OU taking more of those first and second place votes from BSU for us to do that.
[/quote

thanks

i am fairly resigned to idea we aren't in ncg running

sec schedule is larded with top 20 teams so anyone who goes 1 loss or better is #1/2

big 10 has 3 contenders

OU plays 4 top 20 teams and could slip up...but OU and oregon looks as if one or the other they will get 1#/2
so it looks tuff for frogs

trip to pasedena would be nice, we need only be undefeated in top 6

so i am confident but a finish in top #3/4 would be nice consolation prize