• The KillerFrogs

A couple of quick recruiting notes

jstrat

Pfffft. Rivals ranks OU's 2011 class 14th in the nation, with two 5-star and four 4-star players from Texas. A&M is ranked 27th (behind TCU) with no 5-stars and a total of three 4-star players, and only two of those are from Texas.

Now, I don't really put much stock in these rankings, but the only other way to judge recruiting is by on-field results, and I think it's safe to say OU beats A&M there, too.

And I'm an Aggie.

We're talking about 2012. Did you miss the entire thread?

Now, I don't really put much stock in these rankings, but the only other way to judge recruiting is by on-field results, and I think it's safe to say OU beats A&M there, too.

I guess you missed the game last year because A&M beat OU. Some Aggie huh.

Frog-in-law1995

We're talking about 2012. Did you miss the entire thread?
Old thread...iPhone jumps to the first post I haven't read, which was the one to which I was replying. So, short answer, yes. Yes I did. I still think it's a tad early to proclaim OU has dropped to 4th in the eyes of local recruits, though.

Kid Next to Nun on a Piano said:
I guess you missed the game last year because A&M beat OU. Some Aggie huh.
Nope. I saw it. It was a big win for the Ags, but they got some help from the refs. OU was the better team last year (and every year under Stoops) and still won the Big 12 and a BCS bowl. (BTW... while I did go to A&M, I'm much more of a TCU fan now.)

2themax

I stand by my earlier comment. TCU has faced the same criticism you guys are conveying from coaches in both the conferences we have joined since being excluded from the Big 12. We've heard it all before, so it's no surprise that 2 responses come from 2 of the area's worst fan bases. There is nothing you can say that we haven't heard before. TCU's fb program is coming and we're doing it without the affiliation of your conf. Sure, take shots at the BE we're expecting that, but your conf isn't exactly a juggernaut losing NC titles the last 4 times you were in it. I think In Law is getting the right idea about us though. Again, say whatever, but it won't stop TCU. It hasn't yet.

2themax

I see L Mcneil is on Purplemenace, but haven't really heard anything on his status. What's the skinny on this guy. Haven't heard anyone mention him.

Gunner

Hopefully this is a good sign of things to come for us in the J Gray sweepstakes.

Not sure about Feisty's comment on Hunt. He knows more than this unprofessional evaluator, but GP may not let Williamson take Hunt away. Williamson recruited Hunt, and he wants him on offense. But that is a want not necessarily a need. Also, is Michael Thompson not the heir apparent at center? Feisty thinks we have big need at center and I'm not sure about that???

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Not sure about Feisty's comment on Hunt. He knows more than this unprofessional evaluator, but GP may not let Williamson take Hunt away. Williamson recruited Hunt, and he wants him on offense. But that is a want not necessarily a need. Also, is Michael Thompson not the heir apparent at center? Feisty thinks we have big need at center and I'm not sure about that???

Are you feeling okay?

West Coast Johnny

From what I've seen of the few video clips, he's on offense. His main asset is brute strength. He's fast too, but doesn't possess the plus athleticism that you would like to see at DT. He's a road grader interior O-lineman. I believe that Patterson did the same with Anthony Alabi, who was a DT coming in and ended up on the O-Line.

So if Hunt isn't a DT, who are the coaches going after? No one at the possition that I can see. They seem luke warm at best on all the prospects that have been talked about - Niko Padillo, JJ Bynum, Ikena Nwafor? It seems like DT is the toughest possition to fill every year.

Froggy Style

From what I've seen of the few video clips, he's on offense. His main asset is brute strength. He's fast too, but doesn't possess the plus athleticism that you would like to see at DT. He's a road grader interior O-lineman. I believe that Patterson did the same with Anthony Alabi, who was a DT coming in and ended up on the O-Line.

So if Hunt isn't a DT, who are the coaches going after? No one at the possition that I can see. They seem luke warm at best on all the prospects that have been talked about - Niko Padillo, JJ Bynum, Ikena Nwafor? It seems like DT is the toughest possition to fill every year.

IMO, we pulled two, maybe three great ones in the 2011 class. I think we can get by with only one for the 2012 if needed; assuming they pan out as expected.

talor

An interesting name to watch is Anthony Smith. He is about 5'11 290, but posseses great strength and outstanding athleticism. There are concerns about his frame and height. Currently, only Baylor has offered.