• The KillerFrogs

3rd Down Hand Sign

MoneyFrog

This has probably been covered before, but i missed it.

When did the 3rd down hand sign deal start and who started it?

i partake in it btw and think it's pretty cool.

Goo

Good Point, I always wonder if towels, hand signs, etc...take away from noise. I guess if people can yell and whistle w/out hands....its not a big factor.

We should make the floor metal in new stadium, so people can stomp.

TCUdirtbag

Quite frankly I would rather people make more noise clapping than waving their fingers. The louder the better.

Graduated in '08 and don't remember not doing the "and it's third down" hand sign.

TCU isn't particularly rich in tradition, so we need to embrace what we have and what has been started over the past decade or so.

bcsbuster

I think I read a tweet from Coach P that said he was yelling at the team Doc at the SMU game because he wasn't giving the hand sign on third down.

TCUdirtbag

"TCU isn't particularly rich in tradition, so we need to embrace what we have and what has been started over the past decade or so."

I am totallly convinced by your clear, brilliant messages on this issue.

Thanks for playing...

Go Frogs!

I didn't say we should get rid of it. We shouldn't. It's tradition. It's still kind of silly/childish. Doesn't really inspire fear. And, I would think you would take issue with it as there is no clapping--just yelling--and when performed properly, the yelling is directed at the north and south end zones, not the field.

I know a lot of you like to act like you're better fans than anyone under 30, but remember --- the players are our friends and classmates, student attendance is at record highs, and the game day atmosphere is (though slowly) changing for the better. You can complain all you want about our sense of "entitlement" and lazy fandom, but demeaning current and recent student population just makes the 60s-90s look that much worse.

joejordan

Hey, the blue hairs can sit on their wrinklies and still do the little three finger waggle. It's perfect for TCU.

Personally, I think it's silly, and has not demonstrably affected opponents third down conversion percentages. But if it feels good, do it.

geefrogs

yeah. The "Riff-Ram" is kinda lame. Cute. But lame.

I do like the stadium chants, the West side yelling "GO" and the East side yelling "FROGS"

the 3rd down hand sign. meh. it gets the students involved, and whatever the students like, I like.

I wish the student body would take the initiative and create some new traditions.

WIN

I know a lot of you like to act like you're better fans than anyone under 30, but remember --- the players are our friends and classmates, student attendance is at record highs, and the game day atmosphere is (though slowly) changing for the better. You can complain all you want about our sense of "entitlement" and lazy fandom, but demeaning current and recent student population just makes the 60s-90s look that much worse.

Give me a break! Following a winner is the easiest thing to do as a fan/student. Try being a fan through the 60s-90s.