• The KillerFrogs

$350,000

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
That is $350,000 more than he was currently making...

His wife taught my daughter in 3rd grade back then, so...if Ms. Fran still has her teaching certificate there are all those big bucks to add to the household budget.

Odd, my brother-in-law who has his BB jersey permanently hanging in Strahan Arena was, of course, a big booster here at State, and told me that they differed over a mere $10,000 in keeping Fran here in San Marcos. Good for the Frogs that the school refused to find it, I guess. Ironic that such a little thing later wrought so much for so many.

TFrog

Tier 1
DF said, "This is a similar situation that I was in coming into TCU," Franchione said. "But TCU was 1-10 the previous season. Texas State has been successful over the last few years and I'm ready to get to work to get them ready to be successful at the next level."

I guess we'll be playing them... :dry:

He came into to TCU with a loaded team led by LT. Pat Sullivan did a great job of recruiting and DF won with his players but I will agree he brought a great staff and he worked hard and with Eric Hyman as AD he got some needed things that helped him get the job done.

His only problem was a lack of character, but hopefully he has learned his lesson and I wish him the best!

TFrog

Tier 1
Just one more thing (unless I think of something else), the new University of North Texas coach (former IA State - McCarney) is pulling $500,000...

:blush:

McCartney is a great coach, a class act and a proven great recruiter in Texas. I think University of North Texas made a big time hirer and he will make them proud.