• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: TCU's Savion Williams having a breakout season

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU's Savion Williams having a breakout season​

ByJEREMY CLARK

11361950.jpg

For TCU junior receiver Savion Williams, the start of the 2022 season couldn’t be much better. Williams has helped the Frogs to a perfect 4-0 record and is a vital part of an offense that ranks second in the nation in both total offense (549.5 ypg.) and points (48.5).

TCU head coach Sonny Dykes spoke frequently how much Williams had improved in fall camp and how big a contributor the big receiver could become. Williams hasn’t disappointed.

Williams currently has 10 catches for 122 yards and is tied for the team lead in touchdown receptions with two. TCU’s first touchdowns in wins over SMU and Oklahoma were both on passes from Max Duggan to Williams.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Article/TCU-Horned-Frogs-Savion-Williams-194845894/

SwissArmyFrog

I think Johnson's breakout game was last year at OU. Savion has been having a great season, so the article was pretty easily justified. I saw him go off the field today after missing a catch holding his hand and don't recall hearing his name after that. Thought he may have been injured.

JogginFrog

Box score shows Williams with 1 catch for 3 yards, but you could argue that it was TCU's most important play of the day. Jayhawks had put up 17 straight and TCU was on the verge of stalling again on third and 3. Williams somehow beat the early contact and stretched to get the first down. Tempo. Davis to the house on the next play. Total momentum flip.

Eight

I don't think this qualifies as a breakout.

went from 7 catches in 14 games to 10 catches in his first 4 games. might not be a break out in the same way quentin put up the 14 yesteday, but he suddenly became a viable option instead of an after thought in the offense