• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: TCU Transfer Commit OT Howard Sampson Switches to UNC

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Transfer OT Howard Sampson Switches Commitment to UNC​

Don Callahan

North Texas offensive tackle transfer Howard Sampson committed to TCU last month. On Sunday, he flipped his commitment to North Carolina.

Before committing to TCU on Dec. 18, the 6-foot-8, 325-pound redshirt freshman, took early December official visits to UNC and home state TCU.

"It's going to be hard to beat North Carolina, I'm not going to lie," Sampson said between the UNC and TCU official trips. "It just felt the most like home so far. I have a couple of more visits set up. But, North Carolina is promising. I want to see what every school has to offer."

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/monmo...ortal-offensive-line-switch-224832385/?Page=7

Brog

Transfer OT Howard Sampson Switches Commitment to UNC​

Don Callahan

North Texas offensive tackle transfer Howard Sampson committed to TCU last month. On Sunday, he flipped his commitment to North Carolina.

Before committing to TCU on Dec. 18, the 6-foot-8, 325-pound redshirt freshman, took early December official visits to UNC and home state TCU.

"It's going to be hard to beat North Carolina, I'm not going to lie," Sampson said between the UNC and TCU official trips. "It just felt the most like home so far. I have a couple of more visits set up. But, North Carolina is promising. I want to see what every school has to offer."

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/monmo...ortal-offensive-line-switch-224832385/?Page=7

Summarize all this by saying, Who's going to offer the most.

West Coast Johnny

Does anyone else not really care about recruiting anymore? I don't care who we sign or transfer because its almost weekly/monthly they switch now. See whoever is there come end of August/early September.
Yea, I used to follow recruiting. What's the point? I used to love college sports because the athletes were normal high school and college kids. Now they are like pro free agents and starting to lose interest.

Palliative Care

I think that I read that Sampson's line coach at University of North Texas went to UNC this last Dec or January. So it may be about that as well as money.

Wexahu

Yea, I used to follow recruiting. What's the point? I used to love college sports because the athletes were normal high school and college kids. Now they are like pro free agents and starting to lose interest.

Michigan's championship to me was the most meaningless in my lifetime. At the end of the day I don't think people care all that much about who is actually winning titles, as strange as that is to say. It's more about daily "wins" or preening on social media, off the field rumors and who is getting the most money, etc. When it comes to the actual games I think most people deep down are kind of like, whatever.

It's like they want to distract people from what happens on the field/court because they know it isn't all that interesting. You pull up ESPN and 9 out of the top 10 stories have nothing to do with who is actually winning games.....it's all contract disputes, trade rumors. coaching changes, trade demands, endorsement deals, blah blah blah. And when a team wins a title, two days later it's almost totally forgotten and next year's "too early" Top 25 is released and here we go again.

Last edited:

An-Cap Frog

Show Me The Money GIF

Wexahu

I mean, you have to appreciate the irony in that statement, given how much you've been accused of being a Buckeyes fan...
Ha! Never even thought of that. TBH, the idea that I am somehow an OSU fan is so far from the truth its just dumb. I pretty much can't stand them, although anymore I have a hard time drumming up the hatred for teams like I used to. Some teams I have hated in the past were just really good, that's all.