• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: TCU in pursuit of Alabama grad transfer Jalen Hurts

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
8737792.jpg

TCU in pursuit of Alabama grad transfer Jalen Hurts

By Jeremy Clark

Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts has officially entered his name into the NCAA transfer portal; Barton Simmons was the first to report. With that, the signal caller will be one of the most pursued grad transfers in recent memory as other colleges are now permitted to make contact. Hurts has not officially announced he is transferring, but entering his name into the portal is the first big step.

With colleges now permitted to contact Hurts, HFB was told that TCU has already reached out as of Wednesday afternoon. The Frogs have made no secret with their intent on looking for a grad transfer or JUCO quarterback after losing Shawn Robinson, who has transferred to Missouri.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/A...rts-Alabama-football-grad-transfer-127590114/

CardFrog

I think OU is a much stronger contender rather than Houston. I know that is his hometown but the OU QB transfer story is compelling. Would love to see this guy in a TCU uniform in any event and hope we get a real shot at him.

DickBumpastache

I don’t think Hurts would go to Houston with D’Eriq King already there and playing well. But I do worry that our offensive staff will leave something to be desired.

Seems like Florida would be an ideal destination for him with Dan Mullen there now. He can point to Dak Prescott as proof of the kind of success a similar player can have.