• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: TCU AD reveals attendance limits that could prevail for 2020

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU AD reveals attendance limits that could prevail for 2020

By Dean Straka

The college football season looks much more likely today than it did not that long ago. As time has gone on, experts have better learned how to handle COVID-19 and prevent additional spread of the virus. But that doesn’t mean that college football won’t look a little bit different in 2020, including the potential for a limited amount of spectators in the stands.

TCU Athletic Director Jeremiah Donati, on Wednesday, detailed some of the changes that could be coming to home games for the Horned Frogs in 2020. Donati remarked the school is confident that fans will be able to file into Amon G. Carter Stadium on gamedays this fall, but with a significantly reduced capacity. According to Donati, a cap of either 50 percent or 25 percent capacity is probable for the upcoming season, depending on how the current health crisis evolves in the months leading up to kickoff.

Read more at https://247sports.com/Article/tcu-f...ootball-season-big-12-coronavirus--147556695/

Frogk

I think a voluntary program would be an acceptable solution. I would be willing to take a refund this season and continue season tickets next year. I have 12 tickets I use for family and would be willing to give with the promise I will be able to get some or all back for next season. I know this will require an extra effort on the TCU staff but may help to resolve the issue.

AustinFrog

For me, it would be all or nothing. I am willing to sign whatever needs to be signed to protect the program from the ambulance chasers. If I can not be guaranteed admission to 100% of the games then I will take 100% refund.

Frogk

Determine the size of the problem before speculating what could or would be done. Survey the persons (fans) to see what demand there will be.

ifrog

I don’t know why AD’s feel compelled to continue to publicly float a bunch of random possibilities, as it it just causes unnecessary debate/worry.

Let this play out a little longer, and make a declaration when you know for a fact what you are going to do.

Donati is just floating a few trial balloons to see how people respond. Nothing wrong with that!