• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Four-star QB Marcos Davila decommits from TCU

McFroggin

For the record I DO think Morris is gonna be damn good. I just think we need a very deep QB room to keep developing gunslingers. Hoover was recruited by Briles, and I think the kid will be a lot better than his recruiting resume because of Briles. I always think about Boykin. He had one other offer besides TCU, and he’s the best QB we’ve ever had IMO. Don’t bother trying to convincing me Duggan and Dalton were better because you’re wasting your time.

Different skill sets.

Boykin had a great deep ball combined with Doctson being an elite WR best at high pointing the ball. They worked great together at the end.

Boykin didn’t have Duggan’s laser targeting in the short routes.

The Bad Guy

If TCU is unable to land a good QB in May, I’m gonna say they deserve part of that criticism.

Not delivering on the packages for Sam Jackson was bad, and I believe it did play a part in his departure. Failing to retain him puts TCU behind the 8 ball.
Now we really must find someone in early May. We need 2, but 1 is a must.

As far as QB recruiting goes, TCU’s NC run may have actually hurt them this year. The Nat. signing days were Dec. 21 & Feb 1st, but TCU was still focused on playing and practicing until Jan. 10th. …then Sam Jackson leaves unexpectedly the next day. Brutal Timing!!!
I wouldn’t stress it, with this new ERA of kids transferring like they change underwear we will get capable bodies.

82 Frog Fever

I wouldn’t stress it, with this new ERA of kids transferring like they change underwear we will get capable bodies.
We have one (newly implemented) 15 day window in May for a quality dual-threat QB to declare, and once or if they do, the good ones will be committed within 24-72 hours. If we’re lucky there will be 2 or 3 somewhat high level QBs that meet our needs and who we might have a shot at signing.
If we don’t find one, TCU is currently left with a starting QB who has never made it thru 2 college games in a season without a long term injury, and a backup who can‘t execute the run portion of an RPO offense.

hfhmilkman

I concur with "The Bad Guy". 12% of all eligible athletes were in the portal last year. This number will only go up. With QB being "there can only be one", implies every year will see a score of good QB prospects looking to transfer.

ShreveFrog

According to Hoover's recruiting profile, Briles recruited him for Arkansas. Maybe he's better in the run game than many here think.

But obviously, we need to add depth at qb.

(If you click the link, you can then click on "recruiting profile" on the right hand side of the page; click on "timeline" on left side of the page and it shows Briles offered Hoover.)

Last edited:

82 Frog Fever

According to Hoover's recruiting profile, Briles recruited him for Arkansas. Maybe he's better in the run game than many here think.

(If you click the link, you can then click on "recuriting profile" on the right hand side of the page; click on "timeline on left side of the page and hit shows Briles offered Hoover.)

That’s possible, and I hope so. He does have a good arm, and he has experience running a spread offense with college level talent around him. Just looking at him, I imagine Hoover is a mediocre runner speed wise.

OTOH he only rushed 15 times in his HS career, so he doesn’t have any experience running/cutting outside of a TCU practice. In fact, he’s hardly even taken a hit
Usually if a kid has somewhat decent speed, you’ll see a timed running metric somewhere in their recruiting data.
I can’t find any times anywhere for Hoover or Davila

fanatical frog

(If you click the link, you can then click on "recruiting profile" on the right hand side of the page; click on "timeline" on left side of the page and hit shows Briles offered Hoover.)

Our coaching staff has obviously not been in panic mode.....got to be a reason for that.

That’s possible, and I hope so. He does have a good arm, and he has experience running a spread offense with college level talent around him. Just looking at him, I imagine Hoover is a mediocre runner speed wise.

OTOH he only rushed 15 times in his HS career, so he doesn’t have any experience running/cutting outside of a TCU practice. In fact, he’s hardly even taken a hit
Usually if a kid has somewhat decent speed, you’ll see a timed running metric somewhere in their recruiting data.
I can’t find any times anywhere for Hoover or Davila
The important question is: does he like white girls?

Eight

The important question is: does he like white girls?

4e184b620d5b14a6253830ee031598f00aafebb9.jpg

you mean white she devil?​

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Legacy 4-star quarterback Davila commits to Purdue​

Christopher Hadorn, MRT.com/Midland Reporter-Telegram

1200x0.jpg

Legacy junior quarterback Marcos Davila announced on Twitter on Monday that he has committed to Purdue University.

Davila reopened his recruitment on Feb. 22 when he announced he was decommitting from TCU.

When Davila reopened his recruitment, he said on Twitter, “College football changes fast and relationships matter so I feel it’s best for me to re-open my recruitment.”

Read more at https://www.chron.com/sports/highsc...uarterback-davila-commits-purdue-17823458.php

Brevity Frog

1200x0.jpg

Legacy junior quarterback Marcos Davila announced on Twitter on Monday that he has committed to Purdue University.

Davila reopened his recruitment on Feb. 22 when he announced he was decommitting from TCU.

When Davila reopened his recruitment, he said on Twitter, “College football changes fast and relationships matter so I feel it’s best for me to re-open my recruitment.”

Read more at https://www.chron.com/sports/highsc...uarterback-davila-commits-purdue-17823458.php
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

McFroggin

1200x0.jpg

Purdue plays football?

Double D

Tier 1
He will be in the portal the second the first snow hits the ground in the Fall.

1200x0.jpg

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I don't think it is so much about style of play that led him away from TCU. He was a solid Horned Frog fan growing up.