• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: BREAKING: TCU hires Kendal Briles as new offensive coordinator

Paint It Purple

Not in my experience. I’m the only TCU alumni at my work place and all of the other co-workers are from schools all across the country and they all come up to me asking about the hire. Ga Tech, auburn, tOSU, Miami, San Diego st, Illinois, Norte Dame…doesn’t matter it’s a national topic amongst college football fans. Will they care very long about it? No but they see my TCU emblem on my desk and immediately ask me about it.
What to Know
For an individual graduate, an alumnus is a single male, an alumnais a single female, and an alum is the gender neutral term. For the plurals, alumni refers to multiple male or gender neutral graduates, alumnaeis for multiple female grads, and alums is the gender neutral plural. These terms are often used loosely and their strict definitions are in flux.

The TCU Football Jerk

I believe you and some others are wrongly accusing/labeling many of us as "Briles supporters" because we're not throwing a hissy fit and boycotting the program. I think there are A LOT of people who don't like this hire, and likely didn't love Kaz coming over with Sonny as well, but basically take the stance of "Well, it's big-time college football and there's not much I can do about it. I'll just trust those in-charge that they've done their due diligence, and hope and assume that everyone has learned from their mistakes and grown."

We're not Baylor, Sonny is not Art, what happened at Baylor certainly put all Universities on notice about those types of things, and it also certainly put more of a microscope on anyone that was involved in it, so the situations are much different. The "we can't trust our leadership because that's what Baylor did" is a silly argument, just like labeling anyone who isn't freaking out about this a "Briles supporter" is. I couldn't be less of a "Briles supporter," but this hire is just the nature of the beast. I don't know of all of the facts, lawsuits, and settlements that have taken place, but I do know the Briles name has been dragged through the mud and Art could never get a major job again, both of which makes me happy. Obviously, none of us know what the proper punishment should have been for everyone involved in that mess, but multiple schools have since hired Kendal (and pretty much all the other coaches on that staff), and I assume did thorough due diligence, so I think most people are just saying "whatever" at this point.

There is no due diligence left to do. Everyone knows what tapefingers was involved with. And who here really know what due diligence other schools did? I think its more a question of is TCU better than that or not. Guys get kicked off the team for transgressions with no chance of coming back, why should a coach hire at TCU be held to a different standard?

TCURiggs

There is no due diligence left to do. Everyone knows what tapefingers was involved with. And who here really know what due diligence other schools did? I think its more a question of is TCU better than that or not. Guys get kicked off the team for transgressions with no chance of coming back, why should a coach hire at TCU be held to a different standard?

You're right. Everyone knows exactly what Kendal (and all the others) were involved with, but we also can't be sure that multiple universities didn't do any due diligence when they decided to throw hundreds of thousands (or millions) of dollars at KB. I'm sure that us, the common fan, knows more that those stupid universities that hired him. Great way of looking at it and can't believe I didn't think of that.

82 Frog Fever

Yep and we sought out to hire a guy who was smack dab in the middle of one of the very worst examples of that and make him a team leader. Not my TCU these days.
We didn’t “sought” to hire anybody.
Riley informed Dykes he was “leaving“ for Clemson and TCU didn’t even get to counter offer.
TCU loses its OC right when Dykes is trying to upgrade the team in the portal.
As a result, Sonny urgently went out and found the very best combo OC/Texas Recruiter that he could find.
Not one single former employer had anything derogatory to report, in fact, just the opposite was reported by every school.

So tired of your whiny moral high ground.
If it’s not your TCU, feel free to haul ass at your earliest convenience.

swcfrog

You obviously have strong feelings about this subject. TCU’s reputation is already set and as much as you may think the sky is falling, it is not. A handful of moral superiority alumni making a stand by leaving the school or recusing themselves from the school or football program will not make an ounce worth of difference in the long run.
Moral superiority? No, I’m looking at this hire as STUPID.

CryptoMiner

Explain the transgressions.

As you say there is no due diligence left to do but you want to directly connect this individual to transgressions no one else has connected him. Yet you act as if they are a given.

It is a shame this board is going to continue the mis-labelling of him by their alt names which is disgusting at the least. But that is the ownership we have here.

But back to you, tell us more about what our OC who is not to be named was directly involved with? And bring facts not opinion because multiple law firms and auditors have actually said what he was "involved" with to some very large programs.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
Explain the transgressions.

As you say there is no due diligence left to do but you want to directly connect this individual to transgressions no one else has connected him. Yet you act as if they are a given.

It is a shame this board is going to continue the mis-labelling of him by their alt names which is disgusting at the least. But that is the ownership we have here.

But back to you, tell us more about what our OC who is not to be named was directly involved with? And bring facts not opinion because multiple law firms and auditors have actually said what he was "involved" with to some very large programs.
1674564633329.png
Despicable while wearing green and gold and completely unacceptable wearing purple. The clock is already ticking on the amount of time this trash is blowing around campus. I‘m just hoping the worst thing that happens while he is here is that TCU’s reputation is only bruised.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
MV5BNTM2MTQxNDA0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDg5MjgxMDI@._V1_.jpg

82 Frog Fever

Offensive coordinator and the head coach’s son would have more say in the program than the guy spotting you on the bench press.
You are totally wrong.
Both Kaz and Buckels were closer to the center of decision making power than K Briles.
BU was K Briles 1st college coaching position at age 26. He was in a learning situation, and every important decision was made for him for the first 5 or 6 years. He wasn’t promoted to OC until the final 2 years. Art made sure all the offensive pieces were in place, so Kendal could be an instant success. ….and it worked too, as Kendal was a finalist for the Broyles Award in 2015