• The KillerFrogs

2025 Recruiting Thread

FWFrogFan

When I see a 5 Star flip to us, my first thought is: how long can we keep him?

This idea that you have to recruit your own roster every year has to be infuriating for coaches.

Feels like NIL deals should have buyouts in them. You ball out for TCU for a year and now Texas or Bama is coming with a bag? They should be on the hook for buying out what you've already paid the player.

Wexahu

When I see a 5 Star flip to us, my first thought is: how long can we keep him?

This idea that you have to recruit your own roster every year has to be infuriating for coaches.

Feels like NIL deals should have buyouts in them. You ball out for TCU for a year and now Texas or Bama is coming with a bag? They should be on the hook for buying out what you've already paid the player.
Or how about an ingenious idea like making a player sit out a season if he decides to transfer to another school? Seems like that would immediately put a stop to all this. Has anyone thought of that? Has that ever been tried before?

peacock

Decided to see where we stand nationally heading into the summer. Yes, I realize rankings mean nothing right now, and it appears UT hasn't gotten out their checkbook yet, but it's nice to see us trending in the right direction.

24/7
Top 247 commits 2 (Chad 159, Ty 200)
Team Ranking 19
Big 12 Ranking 2 (ASU-13)
State Ranking 4 (A&M 7, SMU 14, UT-15)

On3
Top 300 commits 2 (Chad 111, Ty 148)
Team Ranking 23
Big 12 Ranking 1 (ASU-27)
State Ranking 4 (A&M-9, UT-12, SMU-22)

Rivals
Top 300 commits 1 (Ty 159)
Team Ranking 23
Big 12 Ranking 2 (ASU-11)
State Ranking (A&M 6, UT-15, SMU-22)

ESPN
ESPN 300 commits 1 (Chad-39, Ty 253)
State ESPN 300 commits (A&M-8, UT-5, TCU-2, SMU-2, TECH-0, BU-0, UH-0)

Palliative Care

I am wondering if a new source of funds has already arrived as it seems that both the retention of players and recruitment promised to recruits are likely showing that the pockets are not empty. As far as Mr. Williams goes, sure I would have loved to kept him but there are times when you have say, that the investment was make and yet for him it was never going to be enough. Getting more from us was a head fake. He wasn’t going to stay.