• The KillerFrogs

2025 Recruiting Thread

CryptoMiner

Guidry has a good but not great 247 three-star composite ranking of .8652 - listed there at only 6’1” and that ain’t big.

The 2024 class and now the start of this 2025 class appear to show the Frogs did not get a bump in recruiting from reaching the 2022 playoff - the 2024 class was #34 and the average player rating was less than the 2023 class.

Appears to be the reality of being a small private school versus a state flagship.
like how you value him based upon generic board ranking system. LSU, UT, TAMU and over 20 other programs wanted him. But what matters more to you is 247 rankings and not his production against some of the best programs in the country and how top schools rank him.

Last edited:
like how you value him based upon generic board ranking system. LSU, UT, TAMU and over 20 other programs wanted him. But what matters more to you is 247 rankings and not his production against some of the best programs in the country and how top schools rank him.
Just pointing out that Guidry is not a big body for his position and that may account for his three-star ranking. You suggest those three SEC schools rank him higher but they may rank him where 247 does - Horns recruiting classes are about half three-stars and half four-stars with a couple fives. If he was bigger then he would maybe be a four-star and then maybe he would have gone to Texas because he would know his larger size would stand a better chance to then compete there in the mix with other larger bodied four-stars. There are not many fours that choose TCU.

Not sure what you mean by 247 being a generic ranking but championship teams correlate with the highest 247 ranked classes so I would like to see TCU climb those rankings, but they have not, even after the 2022 success and being located in bountiful Texas.

I too am glad he chose TCU over the other Big 12 and three SEC schools that offered. Thinking positively, maybe Guidry grows 2-3 inches taller and gets a four-star ranking or climbs by other means, but then Frog fans will have to hope he sticks with his commitment. I will be happy if he climbs to a higher three-star ranking and I suspect he will, especially considering you and others feel very good about him.

Last edited: