• The KillerFrogs

2024 Football Regular Season Predictions

tmcats

oSu seems undervalued to me.
txt has friday night joey at the helm, so ...
ucf may be this year's sleeper.
ku needs to show or blow.
byu rated this bad is interesting.

Last edited:

tmcats

Like Brewing Frog, a very optimistic 7-5. We will need some things to go our way. Offense can't put it in the endzone again this year. Anything less, Sonny is on the hot seat!!!!!!!!!!!!!
at the time, i thought sonny was a bad hire. then he took 'em to the cfp. i thought aranda was a great hire. then he won a b12 championship. i don't know if i was right or wrong on either or both.

fanatical frog

at the time, i thought sonny was a bad hire. then he took 'em to the cfp. i thought aranda was a great hire. then he won a b12 championship. i don't know if i was right or wrong on either or both.

I never thought Sonny was a "bad" hire but he wasn't in my top five. FWIW 3 of those in my top five have tanked pretty bad in the past two years, so it's just hard to tell from our 30,000 foot view.

tmcats

I never thought Sonny was a "bad" hire but he wasn't in my top five. FWIW 3 of those in my top five have tanked pretty bad in the past two years, so it's just hard to tell from our 30,000 foot view.
i'd be interested to read your top five at the time - traylor, napier, primetime, klieman, campbell?

Last edited:

82 Frog Fever

Sonny was the best hire that TCU could get, imo. He plugged holes with transfers and got production out of Gary's players (along with OC Riley.) He's hopefully corrected his biggest mistake on defense. This season will be telling.
Yup, I admit to wanting both Napier and Traylor over Dykes.
However, I don’t believe anyone could have done what Dykes did in pulling off the championship run.
When we hired Dykes he was already very familiar with TCU’s talent and their strengths & weaknesses. Probably more so than any other coach in the country.
Dykes hit the ground running and capitalized on his knowledge by using the new portal to obtain the exact players who possessed the skills needed to fill our numerous holes.
Newton, Bailey, Hodges, Perry, Wiley, Ali, Burdine. Just Incredible! Dykes struck gold with every one of these players.
Without Dykes, the championship run never happens.
It’s possible this year could be somewhat disappointing, but I believe Dykes is on his way to obtaining the kind of players needed to win 8+ games in ‘25 forward.
If Ty Hawkins signs, we may have two of the best young QBs in the country and some really nice RBs & WRs, not to mention both lines have some really good quality in the ‘24 & ‘25 classes.

fanatical frog

Sonny was the best hire that TCU could get, imo. He plugged holes with transfers and got production out of Gary's players (along with OC Riley.) He's hopefully corrected his biggest mistake on defense. This season will be telling.

Sonny wasn't in my top five at the time but should have been. I really like what he's done here with his use of the portal and IMHO Andy Avalos was a great hire and I'm excited to see our defense this fall.

The Bad Guy

5-7 and every single ounce of whatever goodwill we still may have had from the NC run is completely, and finally exterminated, sadly.
Too be fair a lot of those guys a
Sonny wasn't in my top five at the time but should have been. I really like what he's done here with his use of the portal and IMHO Andy Avalos was a great hire and I'm excited to see our defense this fall.

This is a big year, but I can't complain too much about what Sonny has done. I'm happy he moved on from his original Defensive hire and I think Avalos was a great hire as well... I really think Sonny would do exceptionally well here if the NIL wasn't around.

Endless Purple

I did not have Sonny as who I would have chosen, but I think he is working out well. The ability to adapt and not wait 5 years to change a coach under him seems to be the right direction to me. (More Mack Brown CEO vs Patterson overlord/dominant dad) I think this year will be good, but I will post my prediction later in the summer.

vicarfrog

It’s actually a tough schedule we have! We could be vastly improved and our schedule still may not dramatically show it. And there are so many question marks too. I’m going with 7-5. My heart has us down for more wins, but my head says “7-5.”