• The KillerFrogs

2024 Football Regular Season Predictions

FrogCop19

8-4

I think we've learned some lessons last year, and with the addition of an actual viable defensive scheme, I think we'll need to rely less on an unproven/crappy red-zone offense. That whole idea of bad offense vs. bad defense is a snake eating it's own tail. When one suffers, the other has to do too much and can't keep up, so on and so forth.

FRO GOGS!! SON'T DUCK!!

82 Frog Fever

For better or worse, I think we'll know a lot about Sonny as a head coach after this year. His willingness to part ways with Gillespie makes me optimistic. Last year was very disappointing but I'm not ready to conclude that 13-2 was a fluke and 5-7 is the real version. I still suspect it's closer to the other way around.
Mostly agree. It’s only Sonny’s 3rd year, but it’s time to start seeing a greater consistency in the quality of depth and play across the board.
Sonny accepted a new roughly $7.5m annual contract after the Championship run and that should come with greater expectations.
This conference isn’t that difficult and we’re positioned in one of the best recruiting hotbeds in the country, so it’s very fair to expect 7+ wins every year and 10+ wins every 4 or 5 years.

Last edited:

Limey Frog

I am going 12-0. Only a Frenchman sees defeat before the game is played.
iu

JugbandFrog

7-5. Defense is lights out and carries team. Briles can’t gameplan at this level. Dykes can’t coach him up. Dykes gets fired at wnd of year. Avalos takes over.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
That’s a real possibility.
The unspecified injury requiring surgery to Josh Hoover was a back injury.
If the reports regarding his full recovery for this season are not accurate, or he
re-aggravates it, the season could be a lot worse than ”going to hurt”.
This really brings up the issue of mobility. They had a leash on Hoover last year, and with a back injury I can't imagine they'd let him tuck it and run. Without that threat of running, he'd just take hits in the collapsing pocket...

82 Frog Fever

This really brings up the issue of mobility. They had a leash on Hoover last year, and with a back injury I can't imagine they'd let him tuck it and run. Without that threat of running, he'd just take hits in the collapsing pocket...
It’s troubling for sure. Josh is not fast to begin with, as he runs a 4.85 @ 40 yds, and Seals is slower.
Hoover is supposed to begin moving around and throwing some in mid-June, so maybe by July 1st we know a little more.

FWFrogFan

Think we're in a bit of trouble. Hoover really needed the spring reps to get in sync with his receivers. The offense doesn't work without a deep threat to keep defenses honest. Hoover, even when healthy, had some limitations when it comes to scrambling. A good scrambler can make up for a lot of mistakes/inexperience with O-Line which I fear we're going to have a lot of this year.

We also have a pretty big question mark at RB. Cook, Sanders, & Battle combined for only 259 yards last year. Granted they were behind Bailey, but when they got their shots, they were not great. Sanders was 34th in the Big12 in terms of YPA. If Cook would've had enough carries to qualify for rankings: he would've been the 35th best. Battle averaged 2.5 yards per attempt - a guarantee to keep you behind the chains. I think it's universally accepted that this years OLine will be worse than last years - so I'm not seeing a ton of potential to increase these stats.

Frog92

I do this every year, never right. Eternal optimist. 8-4. Which takes me to the best bet I ever made. Pregame before opener in 2014. Ran across a friend in parking lot and discussed prospects for season. he is a pessimist. Said we’d do the same 4-8 as prior year. I said 8-4. We then agreed on a bet. For every win over 6, I win $100. For less than 6, I owe $100. Then there was a kicker. If we won >8 or <4, there would be a mutually agreed upon TCU baseball game (we are both baseball alums), where the winner got to dress the loser. As the Frogs marched to 11-1, I had ample budget. To his credit, he attended a game the next spring in bike sorts, a jog bra, clown wig and clown shoes.