• The KillerFrogs

2024 Football Regular Season Predictions

Volare

An early end to the baseball season and it’s time to turn our attention to football...​

From feast to famine, the 2023 hangover was brutal. It will be interesting to see how predictions are affected! It's awfully early to be making predictions, but just watch this thread and come back once we have a better idea of how things are looking.

If you've been around here for a while, you know how this works, but it is always amazing how many people can screw this up- although things have been getting better. This is a REGULAR SEASON prediction, so your numbers should add to TWELVE. 6-6 works, as does 12-0, or 0-12.

As usual, a spreadsheet will be created.
You will be labeled either a homer or a troll by your fellow posters.
Winners get the glory of demonstrating their superior prognostication.
I reserve the right to price-is-right you all and underbid at the last moment if there is not enough realism on display.

82 Frog Fever

The defense took a huge hit with Damonic Williams leaving, but I still like the Defense and the WRs/TEs. Both have some good quality & depth.
However, the rest of the offense is very thin. We might have 8 somewhat proven OLs for rotational purposes, but need 10+. RBs are highly questionable beyond Cam & Johnson. If Hoover gets hurt, I don’t believe either backup can run this offense at a high level.
The offense can’t afford any injuries in these spots.
For 11 Power games, the schedule doesn’t look all that hard.
Pissed at 5-7. Somewhat disappointed at 6-6. Hoping/predicting 7-5.
Happy dance for 8+.

Last edited:

Limey Frog

TCU football this century has won either 8 or 9 regular season games a remarkable zero times. We are always either 10+ wins good, 6-7 win mediocrity, or total rubbish.

So I'm going to be overly optimistic but also completely stupid and say we'll go 9-3. (Just because I don't want to be honest and admit we're probably going 7-5.)

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Is Geezer being a pessimist, or an optimist? Hmmm...

I have little confidence in the Offense, and the Defense is an unknown. What confidence we had as a team is shattered due to Coaching ineptitude, and the turnover via The Portal does nothing to build team chemistry and/or esprit de corps. Does Hoover have the Heart of a Dragon that Max had, combined with that ability to make lemons out of lemonade? Unknown.

7-5. And I'm being optimistic.

MadFrog

I am glad we don't play Kansas State and I wish we played Arizona St instead of Arizona. I just think our RBs and QBs are nothing exceptional. So, my guess is 6-6.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Is Geezer being a pessimist, or an optimist? Hmmm...

I have little confidence in the Offense, and the Defense is an unknown. What confidence we had as a team is shattered due to Coaching ineptitude, and the turnover via The Portal does nothing to build team chemistry and/or esprit de corps. Does Hoover have the Heart of a Dragon that Max had, combined with that ability to make lemons out of lemonade? Unknown.

7-5. And I'm being optimistic.
geezer is being stubbornly predictable.

After all, I've been in the +1/0/-1 range for almost all of the Volare prediction threads.

Limey Frog

For better or worse, I think we'll know a lot about Sonny as a head coach after this year. His willingness to part ways with Gillespie makes me optimistic. Last year was very disappointing but I'm not ready to conclude that 13-2 was a fluke and 5-7 is the real version. I still suspect it's closer to the other way around.