• The KillerFrogs

2024 Baseball Schedule

Endless Purple

I was looking at the schedule, and it seems to be very aggressive in late Feb. I believe there are normally about three days off during a week and play 4 days. We have 9 games in 12 days it looks like.

3 games with UCLA
1 day off
2 more (Wash St, UA)
1 day off
3 games at Globe Life
1 day off
1 game with ACU

Would this be for better prep later or just a lot of games without much pitching rest?

PurpleBlood87

I was looking at the schedule, and it seems to be very aggressive in late Feb. I believe there are normally about three days off during a week and play 4 days. We have 9 games in 12 days it looks like.

3 games with UCLA
1 day off
2 more (Wash St, UA)
1 day off
3 games at Globe Life
1 day off
1 game with ACU

Would this be for better prep later or just a lot of games without much pitching rest?
Frogs are going to hurl a lot of pitchers out there early and probably limit their pitch count.

The rotation early might not be the at the end of the season. It probably will be close to that but the coaching staff will give younger and transfers an opportunity to find their roles.

froginmn

I know this sounds like Kaylee Hartung but it was interesting to see that we've never gone 0-2 barbecue at the CWS. Very few schools have 5+ appearances without losing both (Vandy might be the only one), although the more appearances you have the less likely it is.

And if I curse us into the CWS, that's not terrible...