• The KillerFrogs

2023 TCU Baseball Thread

East Coast

Tier 1
My son plays and I absolutely hate it. I’m thinking of the safety of the players. The game is for the players. The pitch clock will not help bring more fans to the games. It’s been America’s pastime for more than 160 years and now our impatient society has a problem with the speed of the game? It’s also another thing that puts the outcome of the game in the hands of the umpires.

Total BS rule!
How does the pitch clock affect player safety one way or the other? I'm honestly baffled.

froglash88

How does the pitch clock affect player safety one way or the other? I'm honestly baffled.
In the hundreds, maybe thousands of games my son has played in, there have been many instances where the pitcher starts to feel some type of discomfort. In that situation, they step off and have a moment to decide if it’s a concern that should remove them from the game. Now, in a worry to get a ball called on them within 20 seconds, they are going to probably move on to the next pitch and could potentially make things worse. That’s all I was thinking.

The main part of why the rule sucks is that it gives the umpire one more thing to decide a game.

It’s just an unnecessary rule in my opinion.

Sorry to completely baffle you

TooColdU

Playing at Lupton and we don't any kind of video feed?

Frustrated Will Ferrell GIF

McFroggin

In the hundreds, maybe thousands of games my son has played in, there have been many instances where the pitcher starts to feel some type of discomfort. In that situation, they step off and have a moment to decide if it’s a concern that should remove them from the game. Now, in a worry to get a ball called on them within 20 seconds, they are going to probably move on to the next pitch and could potentially make things worse. That’s all I was thinking.

The main part of why the rule sucks is that it gives the umpire one more thing to decide a game.

It’s just an unnecessary rule in my opinion.

Sorry to completely baffle you

It’s easy to do a couple rotations while the ball is being thrown back to you. If another 10+ seconds of discomfort doesn’t cause you to flag coaches, I don’t think another 20 seconds is going to ever inform you enough to not throw another pitch. Not a safety issue

TCUdirtbag

Playing at Lupton and we don't any kind of video feed?

Frustrated Will Ferrell GIF

My understanding is that because WBB is on ESPN+ right now, TCU’s staff is responsible (per Big 12 contract) for producing that content and we don’t currently have the capacity to produce two events at once.

FWIW, this issue (ESPN expectations around school-produced content for streaming) is part of why you haven’t heard the Big 12’s new media deal has been finalized and signed.

TCUdirtbag

TCU-UTA knotted at 2, mid-4th.

Frogs have 2 RISP and no outs b-4th.

Sac fly makes it 3-2 Frogs. Runner on 3rd with 1 out.

Walk puts Frogs on corners w/ 1 out

Last edited: