• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Chongo94

Brian McBride is apparently out as General Manager of the USMNT. I can’t tell if it was of his own volition or if he was dismissed. I’m guessing it’s probably the latter.

Berhalter is also apparently still undergoing a “review” according to Earnie Stewart.

dawg

Zidane? Thoughts?
Apparently he took about 0.01 second to say "kthxbutno." Would have been interesting; he's obviously a hell of a manager (the only holders to repeat under the current Champion's League format, and then one-upped themselves by winning a third).

Brian McBride is apparently out as General Manager of the USMNT. I can’t tell if it was of his own volition or if he was dismissed. I’m guessing it’s probably the latter.

Berhalter is also apparently still undergoing a “review” according to Earnie Stewart.
McBride is a legend

but the MNT needs an overhaul in the run up to 2026.

JogginFrog

Maybe soccer is so big there's no way offers/discussions can be kept under wraps. But if it wasn't a serious discussion, it just looks like more bumbling from US Soccer. Sure, the guy we hire will know he was 2nd/3rd/6th choice, but by going for the great Zidane, it at least shows people we are trying.

Meanwhile the French are saying, "Slow news day. Zinedane, want to have some fun? We can always make the Americans look ridiculous."