• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Purp

Yup. We own them. The talent in the current MNT XI and in the development pipeline should mean this will continue.

Not sold on Gregg vs more real opposition; we’ll see in Copa America. But that’s for another day. Beating these scheissers will never get old.

If you have P+ I highly recommend going back and watching the halftime coverage. Jesse Marsch proved why he should have been named manager over Berhalter when he eviscerated Berhalter's tactical decision to put Gio in a glorified center back role. Everything he said was what I was saying the whole first half. He took the words right out of my mouth. It will never be the wrong time to talk about Berhalter being the wrong man for the job.

When you look at how Dest absolutely clowned Mexico all night and Lozano and Alvarez were pissy and whining all night about Gio and Dest being too rough it was clear we are the alpha and LLLLLa tri are the little brother. It wasn't even McKennie or a player with edge getting under their skin. It was a near teenager made of glass and a finesse defender. It was glorious to witness once again.

kaiser soze

Enjoyable watch with an expected outcome. There is a lot of young/prime age talent on the US side. Dest looked especially feisty and dangerous at times. I'm indifferent between Flo and Haji (or Sargent or Pepi) at this point. One of the four has to step up.

Would love to figure out how to get Musah on the field along with Puli, Gio, Weah, Weston and Adams. Maybe old man Ream (who is solid) needs to be phased out ahead of the next cup for this to happen leaving a back 3 of Jedi, Richards and Dest.

All in all a pretty solid side. Need to see how it stacks against the better teams from SA next.

Purp

I just watched the Adams goal again. Maybe 15 or 20 times. What a hell of a strike. Not sure why this article says it was a 29 yarder. The mower lines are 6 yards wide (based on 3 sets inside the 18 yard box) and he shot from the center of the 6th mower line. That's 33 yards.

Purp

Enjoyable watch with an expected outcome. There is a lot of young/prime age talent on the US side. Dest looked especially feisty and dangerous at times. I'm indifferent between Flo and Haji (or Sargent or Pepi) at this point. One of the four has to step up.

Would love to figure out how to get Musah on the field along with Puli, Gio, Weah, Weston and Adams. Maybe old man Ream (who is solid) needs to be phased out ahead of the next cup for this to happen leaving a back 3 of Jedi, Richards and Dest.

All in all a pretty solid side. Need to see how it stacks against the better teams from SA next.
I'm with you. Whoever is playing better at striker gets the nod for me. I'm ambivalent between those 4 bc we've seen flashes from all of them, but never the consistency to know who's going to give us the best chance from one game to the next.

Also, I agree that we've got to drop a CB to make room for all of our midfield talent. I think Richards and Carter-Vickers are our best CBs for a 3 back formation. We saw last night how Adams rotates over behind Dest and Jedi when they make runs into the attacking third to prevent us from being exposed to a counterattack. That's what it takes and Adams is the perfect guy for that job.

I think a 3-5-2 is the right formation for us where one of the 4 strikers you mentioned is the #9 with Gio right behind him in the formation between the center mids and the #9. The 5 midfielders would be arrayed like an arrow pointing to our center back. This formation allows you to have all of our best attacking options in the offense and that includes our wing backs. That's 8 guys in attack who are all dangerous and versatile and very fast. Then you have Tyler Adams in there who can apparently score from 33 yards out who could be a 9th attacking option (I jest).

kaiser soze

Balogun scored 2 today. Came in as a sub. Oddly, none of the Italian Yanks started today.
Gio got 30 mins burn too in the NF tie at AV earning a crucial point to climb into a tie at the top of the relegation pool. Came on one minute before the equalizer. Don't think he was involved but maybe his USMNT form can be a kick start

Purp

Gio got 30 mins burn too in the NF tie at AV earning a crucial point to climb into a tie at the top of the relegation pool. Came on one minute before the equalizer. Don't think he was involved but maybe his USMNT form can be a kick start
I saw that. They would benefit from starting him. He must be a horrible practice player or something, but a stud when the lights are on. He's getting no traction from training sessions, but he's better than anyone else Forest have in attack. I think they drew Palace, though. Villa played Palace and beat them. Richards started at left CB, but Villa got the win. My Spurs need the Villains to start dropping more points.

Purp

Anybody know why Chris Richards isn't on the matchday squad for Palace today as they host Tyler Adams and Bournemouth? Maybe yellow card accumulation? I'd figure we'd have heard if he got injured.

Purp

Why are our best players so fragile? At least it's a 2-3 week injury and fairly minor. He's become one of Palace's most important players. Need him to stay in good form through the end of the club season into Copa America.

Purp

Death, taxes, and top U.S. internationals suffering major injuries at inopportune times. Dest will miss the rest of the season with what the club is calling a major knee injury in training. Doesn't sound like he'll be available for Copa America.

Latest posts