• The KillerFrogs

2023-2023 CFB Transfer Portal

Wexahu

I see it as: The staff decided that they only have so much money and we have to find enough experienced players to fill in the holes. We hope Hoover continues to improve so we will spend money on a backup only. That way we can add more talent around him.
Some of us live on a fixed income and took a big hit with the rising cost over that last several years. It is not that we want to settle for a 3 win season, it is that we have no choice.
When you take a step back and look at what is going on, it's just complete nuts.

They have GOT to fix some of this stuff, and fast. The sport is being/has been ruined, I just don't think it's hit home with a lot of people yet. I know people are tired of hearing it, or just don't care to hear it, and I know it's just my worthless opinion, but I hardly care at all anymore how we do. And I used to live and breathe this stuff. I gotta think I'm not alone.

Dogfrog

When you take a step back and look at what is going on, it's just complete nuts.

They have GOT to fix some of this stuff, and fast. The sport is being/has been ruined, I just don't think it's hit home with a lot of people yet. I know people are tired of hearing it, or just don't care to hear it, and I know it's just my worthless opinion, but I hardly care at all anymore how we do. And I used to live and breathe this stuff. I gotta think I'm not alone.
Not alone. The powers that be in college football screwed up when they ignored CF’s most uniquely attractive features, amateurism and devotion to alma mater. So you go ahead and pay them, bid on them, and let them move around year to year like stray cats. NFL in contrast is suddenly so much more attractive. Big time scheiss-up.

froglash88

Not alone. The powers that be in college football screwed up when they ignored CF’s most uniquely attractive features, amateurism and devotion to alma mater. So you go ahead and pay them, bid on them, and let them move around year to year like stray cats. NFL in contrast is suddenly so much more attractive. Big time scheiss-up.
It was the legal system that caused it.

Zubaz

The powers that be in college football screwed up when they ignored CF’s most uniquely attractive features, amateurism and devotion to alma mater.
So somewhere around the early 1980's? Yet since that time period that the game has become infinitely more popular?

Last edited:

Paint It Purple

I see it as: The staff decided that they only have so much money and we have to find enough experienced players to fill in the holes. We hope Hoover continues to improve so we will spend money on a backup only. That way we can add more talent around him.
Some of us live on a fixed income and took a big hit with the rising cost over that last several years. It is not that we want to settle for a 3 win season, it is that we have no choice.
Rising costs? Inflation? What inflation? "Inflation is down" ;)

82 Frog Fever

Not tired of hearing it, as it needs to be said.
It‘s unbelievable, but amateur sports (esp. football) no longer exists beyond H.S.. California bureaucrats killed it.

The Ed O’Bannon California anti-trust lawsuit in the late 2000s was the beginning when the judge awarded $46m in answering the question, “should college athletes be paid”.
Then California Dem. Senators Skinner, Will, & Bradford put the final nail in the coffin. They perverted the O’Bannon decision by authoring Cal. Senate Bill 206 the “Fair Pay to Play Act”.
Now, the bullet won’t go back in the gun and the problem is expanding out of control.

OICU812

It was the legal system that caused it.
Negative, Ghost Rider. It was the hubris and greed of the networks, conferences, and the NCAA that caused it by pretending the employees weren’t entitled to a share of the pie. This could have been EASILY avoided by paying players minimum wage for all the hours they put in, and providing health insurance and worker’s compensation to deal with injuries.
Instead, the greedy [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ] thought they could keep all the money from all revenue streams, instead of peeling off a small fraction of their profits for the players.
The legal system doesn’t create problems, it simply exposes them and puts mechanisms in place to either correct the problem or compensate for the damages.

Considering we ended up with Ken Seals as a transfer - we don’t have elite QB type NIL money…

Not in the portal but noteworthy

Bowman’s high school was Grapvine. I mentioned him last month when he was starting in the Big 12 Championship Game for Oklahoma State. I said TCU apparently had shown no interest in Bowman last year when he left Michigan, trying to get back closer to Texas. Would be nice to have a local kid in the quarterback room but Bowman would not want to be a backup.

FrogCop19

Bowman’s high school was Grapvine. I mentioned him last month when he was starting in the Big 12 Championship Game for Oklahoma State. I said TCU apparently had shown no interest in Bowman last year when he left Michigan, trying to get back closer to Texas. Would be nice to have a local kid in the quarterback room but Bowman would not want to be a backup.
No kidding, dude has a mortgage and a grandkid on the way.

Scott Bakula would be proud...

y2kFrog

Josh Hoover had better numbers across the board, he just didn’t have Ollie Gordon. Also…I was just looking over their stats and I have no idea how Okie State went 9-3. For example, Bowman threw 14 picks vs only 15 TD’s.

No kidding, dude has a mortgage and a grandkid on the way.

Josh Hoover had better numbers across the board, he just didn’t have Ollie Gordon. Also…I was just looking over their stats and I have no idea how Okie State went 9-3. For example, Bowman threw 14 picks vs only 15 TD’s.
Well Chandler Morris took Max Duggan’s QB1 job because he was good practice. When you put an experienced QB in there, sometimes good things happen. If Bowman wants to come back to Fort Worth, he has to be more attractive than the Seals kid. Scary thing is Bowman was a 4 year starter at Grapvine. That kid has a lot of snaps against high level competition.

CountryFrog

Did you look at their schedule while looking at their stats? They caught Kansas, K-State and OU all at home (and credit to them for winning those games) and outside of that their schedule was really soft.

They got demolished by UCF and South Alabama and needed OT to beat BYU in Stillwater. Not a good team but they ended up in the CCG and winning 10 games. College football is weird sometimes.

Zubaz

Theorizing that one could attend every school within his one college career, QB Alan Bowman stepped into the Transfer Portal, and vanished. He awoke to find himself in another conference, facing mirror images of teams that were not his own and driven by an unknown force to change college football for the better. His only guide on this journey are NIL boosters, recruiters from his own time, who appear in the form Bagmen that only Alan can see and hear. And so, QB Bowman finds himself transferring from team to team, striving to throw Touchdowns what once were INTs and hoping each time that his next transfer will be the to the NFL.

1704426347586.png

Oh, you meant that other Bakula football role..